Anyone else having issues uploading / pasting images to forum?

Yes; pushed updates earlier but thought I didn’t install them until after posting my thread. Not sure the cause. Still, this has happened before here and I suspect it’s a site issue. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

Edge works fine. :-/
I tried clearing the cache for the site in Firefox but it didn’t help.

Seems to work for me latest firefox on linux. Try hard refreshing the forum, shift + reload in firefox

2 Likes

That worked! :slight_smile: I never knew there were different kinds of refresh…

1 Like

I had exactly that problem yesterday. Same version of Windows and Firefox. I’m at a temporary location with lousy internet, and guessed that was the issue.

EDIT: I’ve just tried again, with Firefox and up-to-date Microsoft Edge: Version 120.0.2210.61 (Official build) (64-bit). Same error message.

My JPG file is 8296 bytes.

Shift+F5 brings up developer tools in Firefox. If that’s where I’m supposed to be, I’m not finding an option for refresh. I’ve cleared cache (but not passwords, etc.), Shift+launch, etc.

No change, still can’t load images.

This is Windows, after all, so let me reboot and try again … *sigh*

Shift + click the reload icon, or press Ctrl + Shift + R.

Actions:

• Cleared all cache (but not cookies / credentials) on Firefox Windows
  • Rebooted (power-off)
  • Tried Firefox / Edge on Windows as well as Firefox, Chrome and PIXLS app on Android (which is actually Chrome, right?)
  • Did a Shift+Ctrl+R in Firefox on Windows

Results:

• Firefox / Edge on Windows and Firefox on Android - Showed “Loading” and five colored dots for 10+ minutes (Firefox Windows and Android sync with each other)
  • Chrome on Android - PIXLS loaded OK but I didn’t have an image to test*
  • PIXLS Android app - PIXLS loaded OK but I didn’t have an image to test*

After refreshing Firefox and Edge on Windows, PIXLS loaded but I still can’t paste / load an image in either one. FWIW, I was also unable to authenticate into PIXLS in Edge using Google, but remembered my password which worked.

* I’ll find an image on my phone and try posting it to this thread shortly. But so far from testing I’ve done it’s not limited to a single browser nor OS so it appears to be possibly server-side… ?

1 Like

Firefox on Android, test image copied to clipboard and pasted before (to replicate desktop experience as closely as possible):

Nevermind – I apparently can’t paste in Firefox Android (unable to summon a “paste” prompt) and trying a standard upload gives the same error. So something is up on the site.

Edge is the New IE… can’t be uninstalled (for all practical purposes). :confused:

1 Like

I’m using Edge so it’s not the solution for me.

I just realised that I had confused myself about the updates on my machine - I haven’t yet installed that KB33375 update.

Does seem like the original issue could be more server related. I can’t upload images again now.

I’m seeing other issues with forums / messages not loading for a long time. It appears there’s something wrong.

I just tried uploading an image (screen cap of the five dots busy indicator I saw when “back button” returning to the ART forum) from the app on my phone, same error. It’s on the server / site.

1 Like

Dump your browser cache and log out/in please.

Done, two different browsers (Firefox, Edge). Same error when I logged back in and tried to drop an image on the message composer.

fixed.

4 Likes

Yep - Thanks!
fivedots

I still get the infinite bouncy dots on occasion. In Firefox, desktop and mobile, when refresh does not work, I usually click or tap the address bar to force the browser resolve the address again.

Or I take a break from the forum. Some discussions can be intense. :joy:

1 Like

Edited my recent post and can confirm images now show. Kudos to the site developers for fixing this issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, uploading now works for me. Thanks.

1 Like