Anyone following the World Cup?

He jumped, his arm was not tight to his body, and that was a hand ball.

well I think so, to be honest. but it doesn’t matter, Croatia was unlucky but France is really good, overall they deserved it I think

Hand ball is one of the hardest calls to make. I have been guilty of them even when I wasn’t near the ball! It is about perspective and opinion, just as it is for photography. :stuck_out_tongue: However, when a call is made, then everything that I said in my previous post applies.

out of question!

I - personally so it’s my opinion and not the (any) “truth” - cannot remember in recent memory as partial and unjust match due to (mostly) fucked up arbitrage, IMO shameful anyday, double dose being a world cup’s final. In a previous post I already expressed how I thought VAR was a bad idea, I can live with human error but the politics, delays, changes and BS associated with yet another set of “objective” eyes… Why if it’s so objective didn’t the piece of snail trail of an individual behind the god damn monitor advise main referee that griezman was jumping to the pool?!.. and that hand ja jaajaja ja don’t make me laugh. In my neighborhood we’ve got a very good word for that; it’s called bullshit. But yeah, let’s be the bigger man and pretend that 2 goals against ( among other things) is not so important. Best thing and a lesson for those who have eyes for seeing was croatian PM being a true and wet matter giving impartial hugs to everyone, e v e r y o n e, even the {insert decomposing little animals here, je je} referees. Peace out

I think you have to separate the two issues here. First, France has a really good team, with a lot of talented players. If you consider the whole tournament, I think nobody can say that they did not deserve to win. That said, Croatia could win just as well. They played really well in the finals (though not so much in some of the previous rounds), and were really unlucky to find a referee that made two clearly wrong (IMHO) calls against them…

I think you have to separate the two issues here. First, France has a really good team, with a lot of talented players

Alberto I’ve never said anything against France, even though I have them my best pet gate, I mean pet hate but just kidding; they embody the spirit of efficiency and they did a good campaign yes. Have great players, yes. Had “luck” along the way, yes.

But I’m talking a whole different league (pun intended) here. The actual after-the-fact system together with miserable concrete individual decisions made what should be a spectacle, a pantomime; what also surprised me is the naivete - hard to believe they didn’t protest those decisions enough ( maybe they’re good at heart, maybe not used to VAR, maybe hardcore fatalists) - of the croats who in spite the BS kept it civil and fought till the end. What I wished is for god not to be a cunt and made croatia score 3 more goals. But without divine envolvement, seems like the cunts are we, humanitos and as it stands was a partial, unfair match IMHO

Offtopic and more related to ethics and philosophy, the VAR is a solid step into the virtualization of how we perceive the experience itself (which alteration I believe will modify our own memories and with time the way of recollecting) and that’s an use of tech I’m completely against… but it’s also where capitalism all integrating / devouring beast is heading, we (being human) have become the product. But that’s another whole new can of worms =)