Apple tree in bloom

Taken with a Nikon D750 and a Helios 81N lens. Edited in DarkTable 3.0.2. I’m curious to see what you can do with this picture.

These files are licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (13.0 KB) Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF (25.6 MB)

4 Likes

dt310.apple.tree.bloom.nikon.d750.xmp (27.9 KB) dt 3.1.0 + channelmixer rgb

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Interesting! You sharpened the image more than me. Since I began using older, softer lenses I started to appreciate images without a lot of added clarity/local contrast. This is clearly a matter of taste, and I’m in the minority here I think.

What I like with DarkTable is that by default not many enhancement are added. Less stuff to turn off, when you don’t agree with the defaults.

One of the things I like is the detail in the green leaves and wanted to bring that out without overdoing it. Warming it all up a bit was also a immediate thought I had. And I’m a sucker for 16:9 or 2:1 crops :wink:

I do agree that this is definitely a taste thing, although certain scenes do force a soft or more contrasty (sharper) approach.

RT 5.8

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.jpg.out.pp3 (12,1 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for posting, a very nice picture.
I tried a creative process of it

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (11.3 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice image!

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (14.9 KB)

1 Like

RT 5.8

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.jpg.out.pp3 (11.8 KB)

Horror movie colours! :slight_smile:

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (6.6 KB) Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003_01.NEF.xmp (7.1 KB)

3 Likes

… and a more “experimental” version.

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (8.8 KB)

1 Like

My attempt with darktable v3.1 and filmicv4

Picknick på vår bröllopsdag-0003.NEF.xmp (7.1 KB)

4 Likes

My try with dt 3.0.2

1 Like