Arghh... Photo regret (been there?)

Len, it’s not that you don’t know any, it’s that you don’t live in proximity to the ones that you do know via forums like this one. :wink:

I have an acquaintance that lives about an hour’s drive (frequently plus a half hour more with traffic congestion) away - he used to live about 4 hours’ drive away. He has recently (in the past 12 months) changed from shooting with a Bridge Camera to mirrorless, and he sounded me out a bit on what he was seeking to purchase. Having said that, we have been out photographing together on only one occasion, and that was because we were meeting for something else to begin with.

Now yesterday I just went for a photo-walk because I had a day of Time-Off-in-Lieu, and I knew I had to get out for a bit; uncomfortably hot & humid notwithstanding. Yes, I drove to the lake where I took some photos (here), but I was never more than 5km from my home.

A photo-expedition with my acquaintance from the Gold Coast is an altogether different proposition, and something we would have to plan some time in advance, and hope that the weather obliges.

As has been mentioned in the thread, a family member can sometimes be the most likely companion, however they may not be particularly interested in photography. Although it can be hard to get her out, on occasion my daughter has been keen to come, taking my second DSLR, having gotten over the limitations of her Bridge camera.

I’m not saying that it is the answer, but maybe a bit like that song:
If you can’t be with the one you love, honey, love the one you’re with
maybe, sell the outing and enthrall with the joy of photography - you may just be contagious enough for it to catch. :slight_smile:

Ah … I’m sure you have tried. Just some rambling words because we’re in the lounge.

1 Like