ART 1.8.3 AppImage?

Hey there, is there an AppImage for ART 1.8.3? I’ve checked here - Releases · aferrero2707/art-appimage · GitHub but the latest version available is 1.7.1

No appimage unfortunately, but there’s a Linux binary at agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket

Thanks, tried chmodding a+x the ART and ART.bin files on Fedora and running them. Both show errors and nothing launches, am I doing something wrong?

Well, I didn’t try on fedora, it might be that it’s not working there. Can you post the error you get (you should run ART, not ART.bin directly)? I’ll see if it’s something that can be fixed easily…

Here you go:
libgvfscommon.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /home/sam/Downloads/ART-1.8.4-linux64/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
libgvfscommon.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /home/sam/Downloads/ART-1.8.4-linux64/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
Gtk-Message: 10:33:37.621: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 10:33:37.621: Failed to load module “pk-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 10:33:37.622: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 10:33:37.622: Failed to load module “pk-gtk-module”

(ART.bin:5471): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:33:38.296: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/bullet-symbolic.svg.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:…/…/…/…/gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/status/image-missing.png: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 5)
Aborted (core dumped)

Hi @photosam97, thanks for the info!
Would you be able to try this version and let me know if it works?
https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/downloads/ART-1.8.4-test-fedora-linux64.tar.xz
Thanks!

Hi

I use ART on Fedora 33 with this link

It works well !

Here’s what I get on the new Fedora 34:

[liveuser@localhost-live ART-1.8.4-test-fedora-linux64]$ ./ART
./libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29’ not found (required by /lib64/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: ./lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so

(ART.bin:2816): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 11:25:31.947: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’
./ART: line 11: 2816 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “d/ART.bin" "@”

Thank you

Fedora 34? I thought the latest version was 33…
EDIT I downloaded the live DVD yesterday, and I just discovered 34 was released today… :man_facepalming:

Another try, let’s hope this works better…
https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/downloads/ART-1.8.4-test-fedora34-linux64.tar.xz

Doesn’t launch, the second error is still present, this time with 2763 instead of 2816

thanks for testing. Ok, I’ll try to get a vm with fedora 34 then…

hmm… I just tried from the Fedora 34 live DVD and it works for me :thinking:
@photosam97 what version are you using exactly?

I’m using the normal live usb, nothing at all is installed. Tried again and it didn’t work, probably something is wrong on my end. Thank you for your time, I’ll compile the program myself then