ART crashes when inspecting for raw clipped pixels from a Canon 350D

This isn’t an issue for me however I thought I would report it.

The issue is possibly related to images out of my Canon 350D as I’ve never experienced this issue with my Nikon D80 or other cameras.

The 3 fast raw rendering icons all work, the issue is with the raw clipped pixels icon.

ART v1.14

• Run ART
  • Select the folder containing this attached image.
    IMG_5769.CR2 (7.7 MB)
  • From the file browser select the inspect tab.
  • Click in the raw clipped pixels icon.
  • ART crashes.

phil@phil-Scan-V10:/opt/ART$ ./ART

(ART.bin:398683): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1521:23: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name
(ART.bin:398683): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:3460:25: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name
(ART.bin:398683): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:3922:23: ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name
(ART.bin:398683): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to gtkmm__GtkHPaned 0x5a3d8fc03a0 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
(ART.bin:398683): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to gtkmm__GtkPaned 0x5a3d8fc0760 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
Warning: Directory Canon has an unexpected next pointer; ignored.
./ART: line 18: 398683 Segmentation fault (core dumped) “d/ART.bin" "@”

It crashes on other images from my 350D.

If you need anything more from me please let me know.

Works fine for me in Win 11 and Tumbleweed with the official build. Can you specify which build you use, respectively where you got your ART from? Which OS?

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

The build was from agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket

And I downloaded and installed ART-1.14-linux64.tar.xz

Ubuntu 20.04.

I tried it with Ubuntu 20.04 and could not reproduce the error. Everything runs smoothly.

1 Like

Thanks for this.

Later today I will try removing my config folder and checking other files from the camera.

I will also try a clean install.

Thanks for the report – I confirm that I could reproduce the bug.
It should be fixed now though.

1 Like

After Alberto’s answer I tried again, out of curiosity, and indeed managed to reproduce the error this time, but only once (in four tries) and only changing from 100% to fit-to-window view. The warnings are displayed every time I run the script, though.

Perfect !

It’s now working for me on a self compiled version.

Hi,

They are unrelated to the bug, and you can ignore them (at least, I haven’t been able to find out what causes them, and I’ve not seen them causing trouble so far…)

Thank you Alberto, and a big thank you for ART of course.
In any case, I use Tumbleweed and there are no warnings whatsoever there :slightly_smiling_face:.
I went to Ubuntu just to check, since I have it on my hard disk as well.

Thanks again!

I think the warnings depend on the specific GTK version used. I also don’t see them on my machine…