ART crashing on startup

When I start ART it begins to open but it does not seem to read and/or display the directory tree. Those windows are empty. Then after a few moments it closes. I’ve added a path and directory, as stated in rawpedia but that does not help, the directory tree remains empty… I’ve removed and re-installed but that does not help. I’m using the current version on manjaro on a thinkpad laptop.

Hi,
I would try to build from source, maybe the binary version is not compatible with the bleeding edge distributions…

I downloaded the tar file from your web site, extracted it and I was all set to go. Thank you for your work and contributing this great program to the FOS world.

1 Like

I think the latest version of manjaro changed something and now the regular version of RawTherapee and ART will not run. The appimages do run. This is above my pay grade. How do we get the big-wigs programmers involved to figure out what changed and make the fixes to the code so that they run again?

I bit the bullet and just re-installed linux and now ART installs without a problem, just as they had been doing for the last several years. Thanks for the bandwidth everyone contributed.