ART feature requests and discussion

Yeah. I totally agree.
If this option (favourites tab) is implemend, It needs to have a GUI otherwise we turn back to RawTherapee which is perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a tool for nerds…
No offence here: I am still using RawTherapee myself.
However, I do like the fact that Alberto has tried to “simplify” its workflow these past months and I am noticing on these posts that everyone is super happy with his results :slight_smile:

EDIT: BTW, in RawTherapee there is not currently a Gui to create the favourite tab only because no one had the time to implement it.
In short, from what I have gathered it is still a “work in progress” feature :slight_smile:

Well, considering lack of enthusiasm, I am giving up.
I agree that in RT it is not ideal, but I used it to gather a few tools that unless were scattered in different tabs. Once set up, the usual place of these tools are in the favorites and I never modified the list, so for me, a GUI would have been of no use.

I’m on ART 1.2 Linux (which is wonderful!), and triggered by a video here I started playing with Log Tone Mapping.
I noticed that ART can hang or even segfault when I move ‘White Ev’ around the 0.0 / 0.1 / 0.2 mark. It is not fully reproducible and it may not be tied to those values.
On the command line the message just is “Segmentation fault (core dumped)”.

About Haze Removal

:+1: :+1:

Now you can control it precisely. Here I used it to make the details appear in the clouds:

thanks, I’ll have a look

Is it possible to switch off (disable, reset) the “Auto-Matched curve” so that it is no longer on when the images are loaded?

You can have whatever profile you like as a default when the pictures are loaded, that could have the ‘Auto-Matched curve’ on or off. (see Rawpedia for details of profiles, if you haven’t already).

As far as I can see, the ‘auto matched curve’ can be toggled on or off. The button is darker when it is on. It is quite subtle, so perhaps it could be made a little more obvious if it was on or off.

1 Like

I found it! Thx for hint!

I think it would be useful to be able to toggle off the curve only, but let the contrast slider visible

It is possible: What I do in my default arp profile

AZbrWaVVqG

Yes, but I always use the “Auto-Matched Tone Curve” “on” in my profile, then the curve is mandatory displayed. The goal would be to reduce the mouse travel to “Dynamic Rang Compression”

Yes, if you have auto-matched Tone curve on , want to access the contrast slider and at same time mask the curves, there is no solution I can think of.

Hi Alberto, I would appreciate that when you unfold any mask by clicking on its name, it folds up any other mask which would be unfolded (without deactivating it), and vice versa. The goal is to reduce the distance to the ‘display mask’ button and to the sliders above, in addition to get a better visibility of the whole. Thanks

@agriggio Your local editing feature is just GREAT ! But I really miss polygonal zone editing (actually restricted to rectangles). Would you mind that I look at it ?

@Hombre you are more than welcome to! However, I’m not sure I understand what you want exactly… can you elaborate? Did you have a look at area masks already?

Sure I had a look, you can add as much rectangular area as you want, but they’re still rectangular. Obtaining the area you want can take time with this method if the desired area is more like free-form.

My idea was to add a series of point that are connected to limit the area. Ideally, it would be great to use closed curve, but that would be the next step… Anyway, doing the on preview editing of this is something I can do, doing the back-end is something else.

1 Like

[PS] I know how to use librsvg, so if we draw shapes in a buffer using this lib, we could do any shape SVG can support I guess.

Great job boys!

1 Like

@Hombre, if you are looking for ideas, another thing that would benefit a lot from your expertise is a generalisation of the spot removal tool to different shapes for the spots. That would be quite cool (just suggesting, not demanding of course!)

3 Likes

Oh yes… it would really be a great addition to this already effective tool.

1 Like