ART feature requests and discussion

Maybe you could use something like Autohotkey and automate if from within the GUI??

Did you consider user commands for these?
When using art-cli, the wb temp/tint won’t be updated, and no extra arp will be written. These two only happen in the GUI. But user commands were designed exactly for this use case; in fact, the example in the wiki shows exactly one way of doing this for hugin:
https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/wiki/Usercommands

1 Like

Yes I did look at the user command Hugin example. If I understand it correctly it will process multiple files after the first using the .arp file of the first using ART-cli. This is similar to what I want to do, the difference being by default ART will use “As Shot” for the white balance which means its possible multiple files can process with slightly different “As Shot” white balance and Hugin may not blend the sky, for example, as well as it could if the white balance was the same for all images (since they were taken from the same spot but the camera is pointing in different directions, perhaps over 180 degrees horizontal). I suppose I could process the first shot in ART GUI, set the white balance to “Custom temperature” then that .arp will have the “Custom temperature” I can use for the following shots. Still, I am confused by why ART-cli would, apparently intentionally, not save the “filename.NEF.arp” but only the “filename.tif.ARP” (which has a very much different “Custom temperature”, in one example .NEF I am using the filename.NEF.arp from ART GUI shows:

Temperature=4632
Green=1.1074614579882973

while the “filename.tif.arp” from ART-cli shows:

Temperature=6504
Green=1

So I can make it work as mentioned if I process the first file in the GUI. Personally I love automation via scripts. :slight_smile: But I still think there is that small bug in processing the command line option "-V’. :slight_smile:

Hi,

this is because the temp/tint is only updated when processing from the gui. The idea of ART-cli is that you already have your arp sidecar, it’s not its job to update it…

Thanks, I’ll look into that

Hi @agriggio,
why the minimum radius in the Spot Removal is 5?
Is possible to change to 1 (or 2)?
Thanks

It can be done, yes, but do you really need spots that small?

Yes, I’m retouching scanned photograph, and the spot is too large to remove perfectly dust and small particles, in some case the patch is visible; something is possible to remove with impulse denoise, but something not.

I’ve lowered the min to 2

2 Likes

thanks, just compiled and tried.
Grazie Alberto :+1:

What a man! :sunglasses:

I was looking for some explanation of the contrast equaliser, I remember there being an explanation a good while back on this forum but can’t find it.
Is it on the same scale as RawTherapee’s ‘Contrast by Details’ (ie acting on radius of 1 to 32 pixels) but with a histogram rather than sliders? So if I were to move the right hand end of the histogram up, it would be equivalent of increasing the coarse slider? Doing this looks like it generates different results to me but perhaps this is my imagination…
Just curious…
Thanks in advance…

@agriggio just to inform that f4af8f0 links and runs with LCMS fast float plugin. :+1:
I locally build LCMS with optimization and for different architectures trying to improve further performance.
I didn’t make a benchmark.
master_1.6.1-39-gf4af8f006 windows builds optimized for haswell, skylake , icelake and ryzen architectures are available at
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/ART-W64NightlyBuilds/

2 Likes

Hi, dear people

When I put files in the trash and go to another directory, ART ‘forgets’ the contents of the trash from the previous directory. How can I prevent that?

Any hints on what is needed on linux to get LCMS2 working?

If have installed lcms2 2.10, which seems to be detected, but the LCMS_INTERNAL_VISIBLE test fails…

You need to either link against a static lib of lcms, or compile with -fvisibility=default. I’ve asked in the mailing list whether this is intentional or just an oversight, but in the meantime you have to use these workarounds I’m afraid…

I think it’s by design, and it’s not forgotten.
When you put a photo in the trash, it is only a specific tag that is added to the photo (like stars). So you only see which photo are put in the trash when you visualize them by going back to the corresponding directory.
To actually delete the photos, you have to select “view contents of trash” and nuke them.

Indeed!

Aha, thank you :slight_smile:

Hello,

One thing I miss a little from RawTherapee is the ability to choose options in the White Balance, like Sunny or Cloudy…

I know that I can adjust but I like to start with those presets :slight_smile:

Hey, they were there before, I’m quite sure. Alberto has removed those presets apparently…