ART installation on LM 21

Hello. I’ve downloaded ART 1.17.2 but haven’t a clue on how to install it on my Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon PC. Any help for a novice???

Hi,
Just uncompress the archive and run ART – no installation needed.

HTH

Many thanks. Easy - once you know!

Anyone got a colour profile for a Google Pixel 7 Pro???

What’s wrong with the embedded one?

Hmmm. How does one know that there is an “embedded one”? I’ve searched the profile folders and can’t find anything related to Pixel phone cameras.

You should see an “embedded” option in the choice of input colour profiles (under the colour tab)

Hi,
When i try to execute ART binaries on Linux Mint 21, or Ubuntu 22.10 or Debian, i have the same issue:

If you have an idea.

Thanks

I’ll see what is going on – probably I forgot to include some library

Hello Alberto,

Don’t look any further. After several searches, I have found what is wrong.
I tried to run the binaries from the Downloads directory. But in French this directory is Téléchargements, a name with accents.
After moving the binaries directory to a directory with a name without accents, everything works as expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I searched for a while anyway, and after studying and modifying the ART launcher step by step, I came up with this idea. So I confirmed it by creating another directory with accent and as expected it does not work.

So everything works fine now, you just have to remember not to use directories with accents, which I usually do, but here I was tricked because downloads is a default directory, existing at installation.

Thanks again for your work, Alberto, have a nice day.

Thanks for the detailed analysis! I’m glad you sorted this out, but I still think the binary should work also with non-ASCII paths. I’ll see what is causing this…

Hi @RioMatDav, can you try replacing the ART script with the following one and see if that works? Thanks!

ART (924 Bytes)

Yes @agriggio , it works very well.

Thanks

1 Like