ART meets the AUR

I think I should repeat: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I normally use tcmalloc for all my programs, so I recommend to stick to it if possible. I’ve added mimalloc because I recently found out about it and I’m somewhat curious, but I don’t expect that it makes a significant difference (at least on Linux, on windows it might but I have no experience there)

@jllailes I really don’t know what’s going on with your system, those crashes are strange…no idea, sorry :frowning:

For information, after a lot of compilation tests, it seems that the problem for me comes from the build-art script. Indeed, any compilation with this script generates a binary that doesn’t run anymore.
Whereas a compilation with the manual method of rawtherapee (in rawpedia) works. Art works perfectly…

Seems like to transition to GCC 10.1 on Arch/Manjaro broke something. ART builds fine but segfaults on startup tough.

I’m investigating this.

On W10 with GCC 10.1,it doesn’t segfault but the images get pink.
seems to be linked to -ftree-vectorize, see pink color cast when using input profile when rawtherapee is compiled with gcc-10 and -O3 · Issue #5749 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

I’m doing some build tests right now on my zen-based system, seems like it depends on a combination of optimization params.

Nevertheless i can say if ART compiles & runs successfully with GCC10.1, than the “pink image bug” as there as well. @Daniel_Catalina already created a bug report for ART this one:

@guzzisti what happens if you compile with -fno-tree-loop-vectorize? Is that enough to make it go away?

I’m currently concentrating on the segfault on startup which might be related to tcmalloc as far as my current test data shows. I’ll try -fno-tree-loop-vectorize as well.

I can confirm that for Windows, using -fno-tree-loop-vectorize is working. So this might be the way to go if you have to use gcc-10.1.0

-fno-tree-loop-vectorize fixes the pink images but the segfault i experience on my system is most likely related to the use of tcmalloc with GCC10.1 - this may be a edge case with a specific cpu architecture/model (currently running a zen1-based Athlon 3000G). Would be interesting if some else has this behaviour as well.

The SEGFAULT is mysteriously gone, so i reenable tcmalloc for the AUR packages.