ART quits - without telling why

OK, going to test. thanks
Edit: that’s a massive modif!

edit: :cold_sweat: Now it crashes as soon I open a folder containing images. (either with or without -mthreads).
Debug show no information.

I confirm.

log.txt (8.0 KB)

Can you try this build?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlf9Kdycd4BvQQ-rczBWsNgo5qf6M433/view?usp=sharing
It works here…

This seems to work okay for me. In general I have usually have no problems with ART…one window of time I found if I advanced too fast from image to image I would get crashes. I think that was noted and corrected but in general ART doesn’t crash…I use the nightly builds and update fairly often…Using WIndows 10 on some “older” hardware…

Opened 10 - 12 photos so far, crashed 2 times when opening photos.

What machine do you have? Which CPU, how many cores, how much RAM? I really have no clue what is going on… I tried very hard to make it crash here, but so far I’ve been unsuccessful :man_shrugging:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (12 threads)
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 and software running on a WD Blue M.2 SSD.

Currently, your official stable release works best for me. It crashes too from time to time, but rather seldom.

Same observations as @apostel338 .

It seems to me that my builds are going worst and worst. Some reasons I imagine:

• use of different build flag.

• problem with the compiler, I use GCC 11.2.0

• new version of some dependency is faulty, but which one?

So I can try

• to use the same build flags as you
  • revert the compiler to GCC 10.3.0
  • for the 3rd point I don’t know what to do.

For RawTherapee I downgraded to gcc 10.3.0 because I had crashes with gcc 11.2.0 builds…

2 Likes

Thanks that could explain the issue

1 Like

Just trying ART_master_1.8.2-228-ge2356c271_W64_Skylake_211109 and it crashes a microsecond after fully opening.

I did d/l a few versions in the last 3 days and they did open for me. Not that one.

Not able to make a working build now. I dont know why!

I think @heckflosse has the same problem. I have no idea why though, sorry…
Anyway, I’m still working on the new threading stuff, after testing on my wife’s machine with native win10 I found some more issues. I hope to be done in a few days, but until then instability is expected

One more attempt:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TvgqTy_VYRPOmGT65-EqOUa5l6Cykv1/view?usp=sharing

This one opens fine (Windows 10, i3-4160, no GPU, 16Gb). I can open ARW and CR2 files.

I can do the X3F (SIgma SD Quattro) folder view, but will crash when I try to open a X3F.

So far ~20 photos, 1 crash.

Update: ~40 : 1 now.

Update: It’s about ~50 : 2 now.

Both crashes when opening photos.

OMG!

agriggio, you need any specifics about crashes? If so, what and how can the average amateur get them? I would totally love to see X3F (from SD Quattro) work!

For the moment, I am no longer able to make a working build.
It crashes instantly when I try to open a folder with images.

I downgraded GCC to 10.3, tried the same flags as @agriggio to no avail.

I remember that ages ago, @Hombre introduced some modifications in the use of Mutex, introducing Mymutex, to get the same behavior on Linux and Windows and avoid issues on Windows.

Your latest build (generic, 20211111) crashes instantly here too on W10, “segmentation violation in thread 6”, and no backtrace possible because of a corrupt stackframe…

Thumbnail view of Sigma’s X3F files in file browser > OK
Opening X3F files
Merrill, SD9, SD10’s X3F files > OK
Quattro, Quattro H, SD14, DP1, DP1S’s X3F files > ART crashing when I try to open them.

1 Like