ART some strange behavior [solved]

Frankly I try to do the most in ART and avoid going into Gimp, both because I’m lazy and because ART can do most of what I want. And I try to clean my lenses to avoid the need clean the images in post!

By the way, I found the script to use user commands and Imagemagick for making borders easily. It was 1 year ago, I posted that in the French forum dedicated to ART: Création Bordures - #18 par sguyader - ART Le logiciel - Forum de la communauté francophone de ART (Another RawTherapee)

I’ll see if still works, and write a tutorial here on pixls.

1 Like

Hello @sguyader
When I see your page with the script, I’m out of here immediately - simply overwhelmed, it’s all Chinese to me.
But this discussion makes me very thoughtful: I’m thinking hard about leaving out the white borders. Then, of course, you would always need white cardboard to look at the pictures. But I guess that’s okay.
Are you familiar with Gimp retouching? How can you make something bigger disappear in the background and still keep the light gradient of the wall? I have to stamp around forever and the structure becomes increasingly blurred. Thank goodness I rarely need this manipulation.

in Gimp, I’d try one of the tools from the great plugin G’MIC. There are some filters that do content aware removal/fill of areas.

In fact you just have to place the 2 scripts in HOME/.config/ART/usercommands (you need to create this last forlder if it not there already). Then, as long you have installed the programs that the script use (zenity and ImageMagick) and adpat the directory where you want the files to be saved, then you can simply right click on an image in ART’s file browser, select the user command and it does everything for you.

Don’t worry about the frames, I’m used to it, I’ve set up lots of shortcuts, it’s really quick - I just realize that it would probably be better to have the pictures bigger, without a border.

Your script also appeals to me - I’ll try it out when it’s finished.