ART (the software) news

• “Curious behavior” fixed. thanks
  • “de mask” is worth a try. great addition
  • using noise reduction/final smoothing: Guided filter seems much less effective than median filter for noisy images like DSC04493.ARW. Is it by design?
    ART_master_0.3-28-ga610549b1_W64_SSE4_191216.7z uploaded at
    ART-W64NightlyBuilds/ – Keybase.pub

@agriggio
Your new representation of “de mask” sliders is much more efficient, we better know what we are doing.

1 Like

A quick update on ART. As some people have already noticed, during the weekend I developed a new mask mode for the local editing tools, based on the CIE \Delta E metric. I think it’s useful when you want to limit the action of a tool to the neighborhood of a specific colour. Here is a quick video that shows how it works and how it differs from the parametric masks that you can build with curves:

(Note though that you can freely combine both types of masks, although this is not shown in the video).
Sorry about the flickering by the way, I don’t know how to get rid of it…

4 Likes

Awesome job Alberto!

Thanks for the video.
What kind of screen recorder are you using, causing this flickering ?

A great new addition making it much quicker to generate masks…

I’m using peek because it’s fool proof :slight_smile:

I’m using OBS Studio It’s Open Source and Cross Platform. Never had problem with flickering.

You can adjust fps

@agriggio if you’re on Linux then try Simple Screen Recorder. It’s easy and does the job well.

@agriggio @srgmro
Here’s a revised (and updated to commit
9de355b
) French translation file. It’s probably not the best place to share it, let me know how to do it better next time.
Francais.txt (150.4 KB)

@sguyader Thanks for your help, I really appreciate. So now I will start from this file for future versions.

You’re welcome Serge! I’ve tried to homogenize as much as possible and correct the last typos and mistakes left. Feel free to double or triple check, and change what you want.

Thanks Sebastien for the many improvements you have made. In the added file I have change
line 787 -de mask to - masque dE
line 1939 I propose TP_LABMASKS_H:H (T)
For the 2 lines 1590 and 1592 I modified my previous translation by introducing a dash instead of the quotation marks.Francais.txt (150.5 KB)

Thanks so much Alberto. Can you briefly explain when you would want to use one mask rather than the other, and vice versa?

Serge,

I propose to replace the “d” in “dE” the real “\Delta” sign (lines 761, 787, 810, 848).
Ok for line 1939.
Francais.txt (150.5 KB)

Regarding lines 1590 and 1592, I don’t know what to think: the words after the dashes belong to a tooltip (in my opinion), as they actually describe the effect of the sliders. In that sense, I’d rather have them between parentheses. It’s up to you.

OK, for the parentheses, effectively that help in the description of the effects, of coarse I am OK for the delta sign. I update the line and I sent you back the file.

Cool, no need to send the file back to me, end it to Alberto.

@agriggio Sebastien has help me in the improvement of the french translation file.
Here you will find the last version of this file.Francais.txt (150.5 KB)
Thanks for all your fine job on ART

1 Like

French translation taking into account the new shortcuts (line 903 to 909), commit 8981561.Francais.txt (150.6 KB)

1 Like

A problem with the display of the right in the last update (0.3-31) already observed on version 0.3-28. The same screenshot with 0.3-31 and 0.3-30

3-31|690x361
Unable to reduce the size of the right panel.
First 0.3-31
Second reduced 0.3-31
Third 0.3-30
Serge Moreau