ART (the software) news

sorry, I don’t understand what the problem is, can you elaborate please? thanks!

@agriggio @sguyader I found the origin of the problem. It comes from the french translation file, since the introduction of Sguyader file. i am looking line by line where could be the problem.

From the screenshots I would say it’s the “Auto” tonecurve button. The translation simply is too long which prevents the content of the side panel from shrinking any further.

You were right, I modified the line 1767 to come back to a shorter button text. it works now.
@agriggio you will fin here the updated file. Of course it includes the shortcuts you added recently.Francais.txt (150.6 KB)

Thanks! pushed

Thanks, I admit I didn’t pay attention to the length of translation strings.

When I open a D5200 photo(see photo of sacré Coeur in playraw) and I want to correct perspective, I notice that the crop factor remains to 1. I don’t know how it is set up in the tool.
Crop factor is ok for a D5100.

If I fetch in the Lensfun DB, the crop factor of D5200 is set to the right value 1.534.

Thanks, but please (everybody) remember that there’s a bug tracker here. It would be great to make use of that :slight_smile:

Sorry! last time I posted in the bug tracker, I had no great success so I thought it was more responsive here :roll_eyes:

I must have missed that… apologies

@agriggio You don’t have to apologize as I am already quite satisfied with all you do.

French translation file taking into account line 747, 1579-1581 (commit 5854d5a)Francais.txt (150.6 KB)

Version 0.3-43 crashes with this raw fileDSC00865.ARW.arp (18.7 KB) DSC00865.ARW (20.2 MB)

Salut, @srgmro!

It works just fine here, using v0.3-43 on Manjaro/KDE.
Are you on Win, or Mac, or…?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Thanks, looking into it!

Linux Neon (ubuntu 18,04)

Sooooo… how come it does not work on 'buntu 18.04,
but it works on latest Manjaro/KDE?

the crash was happening on export, did you try that? anyway, It should be fixed now

1 Like

training on local editing

I was doing some training on the photo from [Play Raw] cumulus beach

I made this correction DSC_4165.nef.arp (24.7 KB)

And I observe what I think is a bug.

• open “snapshot1”. there are 3 color corrections defined.
  • select the first color correction and modify correction parameters to whatever you want
  • click on the second correction, the third, come back to the second. surprise, the parameters are modified accordingly to the first correction.

Can you confirm it is a bug? Then I will open a ticket.

Yes it occurs at export and it is fixed.
Thanks a lot Alberto