ART version 1.5 released

Not at all private: Bitbucket

Bitbucket has a very similar flow to github.

“Move to github and you’ll magically get contributors” is certainly a fallacy.

@agriggio nothing hard about having a mirror at github and taking PRs from github and pushing them back to bitbucket. It is got after all :slight_smile:

Speaking from own experience, the only caveat with the current setup was that I had to create another account for Bitbucket. Otherwise it was no issue to contribute to ART.

Maybe you can see this as test… who wants enough to contribute will not get bothered by this … :imp:

There is no particular reason to be on bitbucket. Initially the project was private, something you can’t do on GitHub (unless you pay).
On the other hand, migrating just because “GitHub is cool” doesn’t seem like a very strong argument either…

3 Likes

The application does not start on Manjaro Gnome.

There are two packages on AUR art-rawconverter-git and art-rawconverter. They both build without errors but neither of them launch.

Did you try the “official” appimage? That might work…

effectively since the 1.5.19 update (AUR repository), Art doesn’t run on Manjaro KDE anymore, while the build with build-art works.

No. I didn’t know there was one.

I’m using Manjaro Gnome, FWIW. Where do I find the build-art build?

it is in script written by Morgan_Hardwood allowing to compile Art in a very simple way. The instructions are here: My take on RawTherapee - #28 by Morgan_Hardwood

1 Like

Thank you.

Rough guess:
It’s the segfault i wrote about earlier in this thread when building with tcmalloc enabled. I only experienced this with the -git version, but will have a look later and adjust the build definitions.

$ /home/radu/programs/art/ART
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

by launching ART in console, you launch the AUR version . To launch the version compiled with build-art, you have to launch the binary which is in ~/programs/Art/…
(the build-art had to build a folder programs/code-art/… and the compilation a folder Art inside which you find the binary)

the console launch would rather follow this path: ~/programs/art/ART

oops… I’ve just seen that this is exactly the way you used !!! at my place it works…

I’ve updated to art-rawconverter-git package and disabled tcmalloc, please give it a try.
It works for me now.

1 Like

Indeed it does, however there are some issues.

1. [ 8%] Building CXX object rtengine/CMakeFiles/rtengine.dir/diagonalcurves.cc.o In file included from /usr/include/string.h:519, from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtestutils.h:30, from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:85, from /var/tmp/pamac-build-radu/art-rawconverter-git/src/art-rawconverter-git_src/rtengine/dcraw.cc:12: In function ‘void* memcpy(void*, const void*, size_t)’, inlined from ‘int fread(void*, int, int, IMFILE*)’ at /var/tmp/pamac-build-radu/art-rawconverter-git/src/art-rawconverter-git_src/rtengine/myfile.h:123:16, inlined from ‘void DCraw::parse_makernote(int, int)’ at /var/tmp/pamac-build-radu/art-rawconverter-git/src/art-rawconverter-git_src/rtengine/dcraw.cc:5628:13: /usr/include/bits/string_fortified.h:34:33: warning: ‘void* __builtin___memcpy_chk(void*, const void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned int)’ specified size between 18446744071562067968 and 18446744073709551615 exceeds maximum object size 9223372036854775807 [-Wstringop-overflow=] 34 | return __builtin___memcpy_chk (__dest, __src, __len, __bos0 (__dest)); | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  2. I would like to change to canvas color to be the same color as the filmstrip background color (the grey like in vanilla RT, as opposed to black), yet I was unable to find a way to do it.
  3. How do I make it so that it uses RT’s sidecar files to load previous edits?
  4. Changing feather size on a spot removal point makes the app get stuck at processing image and eventually crashes the whole program leading to a force quit.
  5. I have SUPER+E set to open my home folder, but when I have ART installed, be it from AUR, be it the appimage, the shortcut gets hijacked and SUPER+E will always upen up ART instead. Changing the open home folder to something else, like say SUPER+F will still open ART. Very. Annoying.

Hi,

1. A warning, you can ignore that
  2. You can have black, gray or white background
  3. Not possible, sorry
  4. Can you please submit a bug report (or provide more details)? Thanks!
  5. This is something controlled by your DE, not ART

Best

1 Like

Why then, does the shortcut behave as expected without ART installed, and when it is installed, basically all SUPER+ANY KEY combinations will open ART, instead of what they’re set to?

I have no idea, sorry. But launching apps is something that the DE controls typically, hence my guess…

I’ve came across this as well, for some unknown reason ART is set as the default for handling files. You could revert this setting in the configuration of your DE.

1 Like

I’m getting the same/similar error in Arch. zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) ART
When built with pamac or yay.