"As shot to reference" in white balance module

Using a recent nightly DT appimage, 4.7.0 761, I’m seeing a new item in the settings dropdown, namely “as shot to reference”. Anyone know what this is about please?

Some modules work better with as shot wb data so it is used for those then the reference values are used to work with the CC module.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve had a look, and the two chained items. I’ve left a comment about using Unity White Balance ETTR shooting because As Shot gives a green image (and the new option seems to be the default for scene-referred). My 2p worth anyway.

Sorry I don’t follow… as shot standard WB looks fine in general…just have to turn off CC module…

THen you can do either the older way reference or the new blended and turn cc back on and basically looks fine too… where are you getting the green image from??

Sorry I didn’t find your comment…

Ah are you talking about if you use Unity WB??

You can still create your own WB coeffs and load them with a preset.

One can set the camera to use RGB multipliers of 1. Search for UniWB. That produces green images (including in-camera JOGs). I think that’s what Andrew also uses.

1 Like

Thanks. I started to think that was what he meant but then it still wasn’t clear to me. Was the new mode messing with his workflow… Anyway I wasn’t sure what the actual issue was from his comments and I couldn’t find the note he mentioned…

There are 3 items about this in github, two are closed. #15602 is open and I’ve been having a discussion with @Jens-Hanno_Schwalm there. I still need to ask a bit more, tomorrow probably.