Asking for help with a survey

A dear friend of mine needs as many surveys taken as possible for her studies.
It’s about English slang, so what better place than an international forum :wink:

If you could be so kind, please answer a few question here:

Slang and different generations (google.com)

1 Like

I didn’t understand enough of the stuff in the questionnaire to even respond.

TBH, I’m happy enough to select from pre-defined answers (provided one option is always “none of the above”) but when I saw a bunch of mandatory questions with written-style answers I dropped it. No offense intended – since among other reasons I may be the odd man out – but I guess I just don’t feel like writing up a bunch of answers. Maybe I need to improve my ability to be concise (ya think?). I have to wonder from an analytical viewpoint how will those free-form answers will be quantified…

I agree with Len above. I was going to give it a go, but I see that at 79, I am too old.

I did manage to complete it (ok, I am Gen X, born in 1968), but I wrote “don’t know” a couple of times.

I did it and also asked my children to do so.
It’s a bit weird that for a free-text field I could add I don’t know, but for the multi-choice there was no such option, so even if I had no idea, I had to select one of the options at random, which may skew the results.

I did it. Weird choice of foreign languages: Polish, Russian, French, Ukrainian, Swedish. Chinese would be a good choice, it’s spoken a lot :wink:. But if you want to stick with European languages, I would have suggested Spanish and German in addition to Swedish and Ukrainian.

Thank all of you for your comments and feedback! I also wrote “I don’t know” many times :wink:
I’m sure your input helps a young student to create a perfect survey!