Automatic naming of modules when choosing a preset - neat!

Hello,

Thank you very much, this is a very nice upgrade from Dartable,
It works perfectly for me and saves me a lot of time.

Greetings from brussels,
Christian

Is this automatic naming able to be turned on/off in preferences?

No, it was not possible either before where the iop where named 0, 1, 2,ā€¦ So the only change if for the first instance and when using a preset. Iā€™m not sure we want yet another pref to control that.

My only real gripe is that in styles I put numbers in the name of multiple instances that match the numbers which can be assigned via shortcut to that instance. With this change, that number will be overwritten, thus losing the visual guide to know which instance the shortcut applies to.

Not the end of the world, but I put it here as an example of workflow that might not have been considered.

However, if I changed the name and got rid of the numbers, it wouldnā€™t then be overwritten with numbers again on applying a preset. So not an apples to apples comparison.

Thatā€™s a bugā€¦ The new feature is not supported for styles. Will fix.

4 Likes

Not much tested, still draft but seems to be what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I would like to have also. Iā€™m using a style with commonly used multiple instances of several modulus (i.e. DoS sharpen, DoS local contrast, TE compress, TE tone curve, ā€¦) and as soon as I optimize settings of these modules, the name is lost currently.

But as you said, this will eventually be fixed. Just wanted to describe my use case.

Thanks for bug fixing. Iā€™m a coding dummy and stick with stable dt now, but plan to move to master in a month or so once Iā€™ve got through various to-do lists, so will give any feedback then if need be.