Batch export of Reference Images for profiling

Hi,

please is there some way to automatically export reference images for profiling from RawTherapee, ideally with a commandline? We’ll have tenths of those raw photos and clearly don’t want to export one after another manually.

I mean - tab Colors (third from left), section Color management, button Save reference image -
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Color_Management#Save_Reference_Image_for_Profiling

– even a keyboard shortcut for this button would help, I would use AutoIT to do this.
– it is quite easy to synthesize PP3 files and then execute processing from a commandline, but I have no clue if there is a way to e.g. set defaults incl gamma=1.0 in .PP3 file to get identical result via normal export of an image to avoid clicking this export button in GUI manually.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance,
Stepan

Edit one image as you please, produce a pp3 file, then apply that pp3 file to the rest of the images from the command line.

That does not work for the Save reference image for Profiling button

nono, I worry this doesn’t work. Problem is images for profiling are NOT exported usual way. You use this specific button that completely bypasses any export.
I tested now - this button results in a tiff file written, but I don’t see any pp3 or other file created together with it, unfortunately.

Capture

hopefully @ilias_giarimis @jdc or @Morgan_Hardwood will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think what you want, starting from neutral, is:

• no input profile
  • WB off (requires a dev version of RT)
  • linear gamma, wide gamut output

though I’d consider dcraw for this specific task. I think the docs of dcamprof will tell you the parameters to use:
https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/camera-profiling.html

good point, thanks, I’ll look at DCraw as well!

Still, if RawTherapee could do that, it’d be easier to have one app only, of course…

Excuse my bad english :slight_smile:

To make a good image for profile, regardless of the quality of the shot (equality of exposure, value of exposure, reflections, etc.). It is indispensable (for me) that White Balance image is good.

Of course, the exposure must be almost perfect, hence the shooting by 0.3d.
In addition you have to work with gamma = 1, and of course without profile

This supposes - an exposure (in term of illuminant) of which we are sure of the good value ??!!
Or what I recommand, to use is “Spot WB”, on a cell which Lab* values (a and b) are very near from zero (pure grey)

Of course I will be told that DCP profiles are less “sensitive” than ICC, but if we want a good result…

jacques