Batch saving - replace original files

Hello! I’m new to this forum and also new to using RawTherapee. I’m just figuring out all the functions and I was wondering about the saving files through the Queue.

When I save individual files I can select whether I want to add a suffix to the filename if it already exists, which effectively allows me to replace existing files by disabling this, correct?

But when I save a bunch of files through the Queue it automatically adds a suffix to the filename, while I would like to replace the existing unedited JPEG files instead. Is this possible to do?

Thanks for your help!

Hello @Joyce and welcome!

Just to see if I understand you correctly:
you write that you would like to replace the existing unedited JPEG.

Does this mean that you use a JPEG as a source image?
Then you do something to it in rawtherapee and finally you
would like to save the edited JPEG under the same name as the
source image?

If so, please reconsider your work flow. It is much wiser not to mess with the original image, and it would be much, much wiser to have a RAW file as your source.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@Joyce
Yes consider to start from raw files.
You can control the queue behaviour by opening “preference window/batch processing”
At the bottom left of window, you will find the “Overwrite existing output file” check box .
If deselected, an index number is appended

see Preferences - RawPedia

@Claes Yes that is correct! I’d prefer RAW images but I need to process the JPEGs right now, haha. Thanks though, I completely agree :slight_smile:

@gaaned92 Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for!