Blender and Natron Audio Visualizer

Hi. I am trying to make an audio visualizer in Blender and Natron. I don’t want it to look like ugly french fries on a vaporwave background. I want to have a screenful of colors that I can easily crop into any shape I want, so the screen has a single row of columns of color changing from green to red depending on the volume.
Everything works in Blender, except for adding the colors. As a texture the colors (on a 1x64 image containing 64 color values from translucent green to red) did not want to be translucent. The plane would either be transparent or opaque. As a shader the colors do not want to cooperate either, since the colors do not export. My last resort is Natron. I transferred all of the audio data from Blender into Natron, used Card3D for the nuke files, and Card3D decided that the audio data is the same throughout the entire video. The translate data in Card3D remains the same throughout the entire length of the video, for every single one of the 32 bars.
Please help asap. I have been trying to fix this for a month already.

How did you import the “data” into Natron?

1 Like

I used CGVirus’s tutorial. I created the visualizer, took the data, and exported it as a .chan file. Then, I tried one of the .chan files by putting it into Card3D. I already saw that the keyframes were stuck on a specific number. I then copied the keyframes into a Transform node, then a Translate (or whatever it’s called) node, and finally I just used Card3D to manipulate the objects itself. Nothing worked. The bars stood dead still.