Blue images in windows folder

Screenshot 2024-02-19 073731.pdf (53.0 KB)

Why are some of the GIMP files showing up blue? It’s hard to see what the image is, when it’s that blue color. I’m using Windows.

I have never seen this problem before. Can you share an image file with a licence attached so that we can test the image on our computers. Also with screen shots save in the default png format when using the windows snip tool. I had to down and open the PDF which people may be reluctant to do.

AFAIK the thumbnails you see in file explorers are not generated by Gimp but by some external DLL not provided by the Gimp developers. This DLL used may not be aware of the 2.10 changes in the XCF format. I wouldn’t be surprised if the blue thumbnails would correspond to images that are high-precision (ie, not 8-bit).

Oh, OK. I can do that in the future. The blue images are just annoying, they don’t seem to affect the opened file.

I can not tell what the file extension is from your screen shot. The answer may lie in that. Here is a screen shot from my computer and you can see that Windows can’t display the native GIMP xcf file extension. It may be possible to give my Windows system the codec to read the file format, but I have never looked into that. BTW, I like my Windows explorer to show me the file extension as it is very informative. That is something that you set in your windows viewing preferences.