Blue processed file

Hi there,

I am unsure what’s going on here, it’s happened twice for me now on two different sessions.

I’ve got a ASI533MC and fits coming in. The fits viewer in Kstars is showing an accurate image (attached). I then process them through Siril to be stacked and I get a white screen for blue channel and my overall RGB is blue.

I don’t understand why this may happen or what I’m doing wrong in Siril, as I assume what I’m seeing in Fits viewer in Kstars shows a fine image?

Thanks

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Hello, we don’t see enough in the images you posted to know what happens. Could you share a raw FITS image?

Ah yes of course sorry

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxGO_f9twoenYG4Mfa8d-1g1CxGkBNtS/view?usp=sharing

Your image (even if signal is weak) is totally normal.
You should read our tutorial about processing.
Here your picture before color calibration:

and after:

Thanks for looking into that for me. I went through the OSC processing scripts before and the stacked file was blue too. I might do a clean install to see if I’ve got something stuck!

Thanks again, glad to know it’s okay!

And this is normal.
Please take a look to our tutorials.

If you’re using Ekos/INDI or the native camera driver in general (not ASCOM) there are some strange default values for “WB_R” and “WB_B” in the SDK from ZWO. They default to 52 and 95 which is utter nonsense. Stretch a bias frame and you’ll clearly see the bayer pattern, which doesn’t make sense at all. Set “WB_R” and “WB_B” to 50 and everything is fine again.

1 Like

I agree, I have the same with the 294MC and the ZWO SDK, this is probably what you have too here.