Broken image links and link status

I noticed three issues today:

1. Links to recently uploaded images are broken: “The image could not be loaded.”
  2. May be related to #1. Sometimes the [px] logo disappears and only the alt text shows.
  3. There is no difference between visited and not visited links for users that are not logged in.

Can you point to some specific images?

I did update the forum earlier, it may possibly have occurred at the same time?

Yes, it was in the past hour or so. A second ago, everything was back to normal.

The greyed out links when you aren’t logged in still remains.

I see that the topic list is less than good (light gray topic titles) when not logged in. I’ll see if they did something upstream intentionally. Thank you @afre!

I did some more sleuthing and it looks like some older images are inaccessible, but as with the others, perhaps this will resolve itself in a few hours.

@afre can you point us to some of these missing images? We can track down what’s going on…

Sure. I was doing that but some of those images popped up :slight_smile: as I was linking them.

Certain images on these threads, e.g.:

Edit: and they are back!

grayed out links might be the dark theme… are you using it?

Nay, when users or visitors aren’t logged in, they cannot select the dark theme anyway.

Try visiting the main page of discuss in an incognito session - the topic titles are all a lighter gray when they should probably be darker.

This is the case for me on mobile and desktop Firefox two days ago and not necessarily in private mode. It is off-putting because it wasn’t like this before.

:sunglasses: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

The link issue should be fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for getting this updated, @darix!