Bucolic Peruvian Scene

Like this crop!

That worked really well. It gives a good sense of depth and guides the eye right through to the mountain.

1 Like

I cheated a bit:

DSC_0034.pfi (40.4 KB)

Theres also a 65:24 Xpan crop to continue the Hasselblad theme:

2 Likes

I find the focus on the people who work in the field surrounded by these wide and monumental landscapes very exciting:

By the way, very nice photo!

4 Likes

Very nice edit!

Nice (minimal?) use of the modules, but the way you use the channel mixer is worth mentioning specifically; No-one here, including myself, made those mountains stand out like that.

PhotoFlow, G’MIC, zoom and enjoy!

2 Likes

I really like how you made the details pop up. Maybe i would have choosen for little less saturation, anyway interesting edit!

1 Like

darktable 3.0.2

DSC_0034.NEF.xmp (11,2 Ko)

3 Likes

I finally found some time to give this a try, so here’s my attempt:

DSC_0034.NEF.arp (10.7 KB)

@Ivan_M76, I can only say again that this is a very nice picture, and your edit looks already quite good to me…

3 Likes

Really nice scenery!

DSC_0034_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (13.2 KB)

1 Like

DSC_0034.jpg.out.pp3 (12.3 KB)

3 Likes

I think that your background is better than mine for sure.

I tried different edits on the photo and i’m never able to achieve the peaceful atmosphere i felt when i was there. The feeling that there the time has stopped.

Before going abstract, I toyed with a similar look as @agriggio’s. The problem with most entries is that they are too intense, esp. the foreground. :hot_pepper: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

DSC_0034.NEF.xmp (13.1 KB)

2 Likes

And here is my try.DSC_0034.NEF (12.6 MB) DSC_0034.NEF.xmp (13.1 KB)

DSC_0034.jpg.out.pp3 (12.7 KB)

2 Likes

6 Likes

My take
DT 3.1 git masterDSC_0034.NEF.xmp (13.1 KB)

2 Likes

@Timur: Is the BW5 lut you use in your edit homebrewn or one that is freely available? If it is available, can you point me (us) to a location?

https://www.on1.com/free/luts/