Bug with masks?

Art 1.17.2 linux appimage.

If i start with neutral profile, draw a mask with for example pencil, and choose show mask.

Next if i save (i.e. ctrl-s) the file i obtain what i see so bw image with yellow mask.

Is it the intended behaviour???

Thank you.

I can confirm this behavior with 1.17.2 on Windows. It’s not limited to the Neutral profile. I didn’t try with anything but an area mask, but with an area mask (at least) if “Show mask” is enabled, I get the mask in the output. Looks just like the preview except it’s full size.

I may misunderstand, but I don’t think it’s supposed to do that. :slight_smile:

To be honest, I don’t remember whether it is intentional or not :man_facepalming:
I do remember thinking about this, as this behaviour is a hack that allows you to sort of export a mask generated in art to use it in another app like gimp. However, I am not so sure it’s actually that useful, as the mask is obviously not directly usable and would need quite a bit of processing.
Bottom line, I’ll take another look and maybe change the behaviour. Thanks for pointing this out!

I confirm it was intentional. However, I’ve changed the behaviour now, as it does seem more confusing than useful in the end.

2 Likes