Build Luminance HDR on Windows using msys2

@gaaned92 If you managed to make a patch you’ll find it’s even easier to send a pull request but of course you don’t have to. @heckflosse has his own fork of lhdr and a working msys2 environment for the patch or the pull request.

@Hombre that’s what pull requests are all about. You clone the repository locally, make your changes and then send a pull request, you don’t have to have commit rights. If you send a PR to me I can review your code and decide to pull it effectively doing a merge/commit. And git is distrubuted so you can send the PR to someone else ( @heckflosse ) and he will decide to accept/incorporate your changes and then he can send a PR to me since I have commit rights to the repo considered (only by convention) the “OFFICIAL LHDR REPOSITORY”

@fcomida Yes, I forked LHDR and will work on it. I only worked on RT so far, so this is a new behavior for me, but I’ll stick to the rule :wink:

@gaaned92 I’ll remove everything about AboutThisbuild. That’s not something lhdr is handling, so we won’t make things uselessly complex.

@Hombre no need for creating patches now, when you are happy with your changes just send a PR to @heckflosse fork, he can review/test them. I cannot do it right now.

@Hombre
Now it’s up to you to correct, modify, improve as you want. :smile:

Patch is almost done, only remaining things is how to find the location of the dependencies to create the Installer ?

I’ll be away for few hours. Let me post something around midnight or more probably tomorrow.

@fcomida @heckflosse

We have 2 situations to handle :

1. The user build LHDR himself for himself, so he doesn’t need to copy the dll in the destination directory, adding msys64\mingw64\bin to the PATH suffice
  2. The user build LHDR to create a installable version, so the libs have to be copied to the base output dir before packaging.

My question is : do we care of point 2 in the cmakefile ?

I see no reason to care for point 2 in the cmakefile.

under Msys2, 64 bits dependencies(dlls) are found in /mingw64/bin

In linux we have rules in cmake for generating proper “make install” instructions and “make install” is also needed by rpmbuild for generating a rpm package (and maybe a deb package). In any case “help”, “icons” and “hdrhtml” folders must be subfolders of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX for lhdr to run properly.

Edit:
What I mean is that, even without creating a package/installer, when run from <BUILD_ROOT> those folders are still relatives to <CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX>

Discussion in issue 78 please ?

1 Like

Thanks to @heckflosse and @Hombre, LuminanceHDR can be built using MSYS2.
It is still a WIP and they need testers

A new version of W64 installer with align_images_stack.exe and dependencies correctly installed available here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19L6jI85Q_MAXZhQkUBNuEuUrqUqFPxjA

It can be installed where you want and should not interfere with official stable version.
Please report test results at Issue 78

I got a bug report for the LHDR build for windows:

New HDR Image → Imported raw files from my GH5(still happens with jpeg’s) → Message, that if could’nt find the exif tags → changes the EVF from the photos Manually → Programm alligns the photos (auto allign photos and anti ghosting is on) → I click on finish ( Default settings) → programm crashed with a windows message, “luminance-hdr.exe isn’t working”

from: https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/7haflm/luminancehdr_free_software_for_making_hdr_images/dr3tpy3/

Thanks for reporting the bug. The anti ghosting crash is already fixed in master branch of my fork with this commit