Building Filmulator

Hello @CarVac et al. I have a somewhat similar issue…
I am trying to make a docker container (kd6kxr/filmulator) run filmulator, but I keep hitting the error:

Got keys from plugin meta data ("QSQLITE")

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/usr/lib/filmulator-gui/sqldrivers" ...

loaded library "/opt/local/Qt/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so"

dbSetup old version: 9

Error: your root item has to be a Window

container is based on:

|Description:|Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS|
|Release:|16.04|
|Codename:|xenial|

I have tried the suggestions above but it seems to not get the qml to open?
I think I am not setting the enough environment variables. If APPDIR is not set to anything the QtQuick stuff cannot be found.

0 Likes

So the APPDIR environment variable is there solely for AppImages; Filmulator appends /usr/qml/main.qml to the environment variable and looks for it there.

If you don’t have that, there are two more places it looks for the qml/filmulator-gui/ directory that holds all the QML source files:

1. In the directory where the executable is
  2. In /usr/lib/filmulator-gui/.

See this code here.

0 Likes

For items 1 and 2 I am not able to get past the Error: your root item has to be a Window

I did utilize that APPDIR part to get the mac bundle to see the right place.
- qmlfile += "/usr/qml/main.qml";
+ qmlfile += "/Contents/Resources/qml/filmulator-gui/main.qml";
With APPDIR defined as ../.., the root of the bundle relative to the main executable in Contents/MacOS/

0 Likes

I just reduced lightness in RawTherapee, and all details on the blown out area can be confirmed to be lost. You would have to recreate the detail.

0 Likes

It’s recovered from the non-blown channels via highlight reconstruction.

0 Likes

Hi, I’m late to the party. Processed versions of @Jud_Johnson’s 009.CR2:
Darktable:
And, just for reference, the default rendering of PhotoNinja, a Windows/Mac raw editor:

0 Likes

Was there a filmulator output you intended to post, a filmulator build question, or just doing a play_raw?

0 Likes

Sorry, just a play_raw - others mentioned trying LightZone. I don’t use Filmulator regularly (I’m on a very old machine, where darktable’s OpenCL acceleration is a huge plus), but keep an eye on it and give it a spin every now and then.

0 Likes

thanks; btw you can embed your images that are hosted elswehere like this:

![](//pixls-discuss.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/4/d/4da02415c36d35f715e889c87f66688aa7ed21d3.jpeg)

0 Likes

(Jud Johnson) #50

Are you using photo ninja in wine or something?

0 Likes

Yes, it’s running fine in Wine (I only have the trial, so have not tried exporting).

0 Likes