Cabin at the Swedish coast - and a spot I don't know how to remove

With ART 1.21 and GIMP

DSC06078.ARW.arp (11.7 KB)

Greetings. Roberto

6 Likes

You are of course right: I have still the deprecated name in mind. I am using darktable 4.4.2 on fedora workstaion 39 (loving it).

Hi all, thanks to your advices it was quite easy to get “rid of the head”! Without having seen the post of @Popanz my idea was also to go for BW. See below.

Really appreciate your ideas, beautiful images and advices - thanks!

5 Likes

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (15.1 KB)

3 Likes

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (12.6 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your image!

1 Like

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (12.9 KB)

2 Likes

i like your bright colours giving the scene calm peace …

1 Like

From the perspective of a regular person viewing this photo in a frame on a wall, they will never notice that blip.

But, if you have reasonable cause to remove it, you could use the availability of open water to the right. Select a portion of that water as wide as the spot. Then, copy/paste and move the copy to a new layer. Then drag it to the left and do some blending with the erase tool, or whatever.

Philosophically, you are using part of the real image to obscure another portion of the real image. It is perhaps less fake than other approaches.

1 Like

There is no “real image”.
Vision is an interpretative process, dependent on all the experiences we already have stored in our brains, and it’s constantly tricking us.
EDIT: It would be even more correct to say that vision is a construction process.
(Cameras also interpret what their sensors register. )

If saume saw the scene without any other human there, he should not hesitate to also create an image without.

Liquid Rescaled the image preserving the cabin/beach to a wide angled perspective look, then added some sky drama. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice capture

My version.

DSC06078_01.ARW.xmp (13.1 KB)

Greetings from Havana, Cuba.

3 Likes

Greetings from Austria! The slightly intensified green (esp the ocean) looks great …

1 Like

To be honest: this image puts a lonely coast and isolated cabin in your mind, but he reality is very different - don’t want to destroy any associations but this is close to badhytten in skanör …

But that’s what photography can be about: take what’s in front of your camera and create “your” vision …

1 Like

This image reminded me of Steven Spielberg’s movie Jaws (1975), the beach area at the beginning, with parts of sand and grass. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is not the same color correction but looks as a similar place :grinning:

Greetings from Havana, Cuba.

Nice location.

This is ART with all defaults, then clone tool in GIMP.
DSC06078-art.tif.out.arp (11.6 KB)

2 Likes