Thanks to work of very dedicated people we’re very close to full CR3 support in darktable. However we need a broader set of samples.
Currently we have a basic set available on raw.pixls.us (a very awesome resource BTW) but we need samples in all ISO variants.
NOTE: DO NOT SEND all iso variants to raw.pixls.us! upload all samples with BASE ISO to raw.pixls.us and give here link to package with ALL ISO variants
- We need CR3 in RAW and CRAW form: Each camera should have two raw quality levels: RAW and CRAW (please notify me if there are any deviations). I need one file per ISO setting for each quality level. The files must be named accordingly:
- We need ALL ISO settings: Please note that 1/3 ISO steps are set, i.e. I also need ISO 125, ISO 160 etc. In addition, all these cameras should have ISO L (50) and some HI-ISO values, sometimes referred to as H1 and H2.
- We need also all variants of crop mode (eg if you put APS-C lens on FF body): If your camera has an optional 1.6x crop mode, I need all photos for full frame AND with 1.6x crop enabled. Please add
_CROPto the file name.
- Corect licence (CC-0): Before you take the photos, please enter the license “CC-0” in the camera menu under “Copyright”, i.e. the photos are then generally free.
- Correct content: About the scene: Something colorful (so no white wall or the like, no people either, cats are okay). It is ideal if all files depict the same scene. Lens, aperture, etc., it doesn’t matter. But make sure the scene is properly exposed and that edges aren’t black
- Sending: Then please pack all these CR3 files as a ZIP file and send me link here e.g. via Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc. (approximately 1.2-1.6 GiB).
Here’s current status of our samples:
|Camera||Basic set (raw.pixls.us)||Full Set (ISO/crop/raw quality)|
|EOS M50 mk2|
|EOS M6 mk2|
|G7 X mk3|
|G5 X mk2|
|EOS 1D X mk3|
|No samples, please send|
|missing some part of set, please send complete set|
NOTE: DO NOT SEND all iso variants to raw.pixls.us! upload base iso to raw.pixls.us and all iso plz link here
NOTE ABOUT R3: When Canon finally releases R3 - please send us all the samples