Cameras Supported?

Just wondering if the Pentax k3-2 is supported by RawTherapee?

Pentax K-3 II is supported, though there is no dcp for this camera yet. Pixelshift is supported for this cam.

1 Like

Then I will be able to load pentax raw images?

Yes, you should be.

1 Like

So for someone who is still getting up to speed with your codebase:

“no DCP” means “no tone curve to match camera JPEG tone curve” or “no color matrix”? I see that the original K-3 is in camconst.json but not the II, but the II does have a color matrix in dcraw.cc

(The color matrix, IMO, being FAR more important)

Will this ever be addressed? Is it worth using this software, or would Darktable be a better choice?

Neither one or the other. It means that no DCP was created by Rt team or user and shipped with Rawtherapee. In this case, auto-matched camera profile is inactive.
Auto-matched Tone curve is a function available if an embedde jpeg is available
color matrix from dcraw or camconst.json (if it exists) is used if camera standard is selected

At the momoent, no specific issue is raised, so:

• First try to process photo and if you have an issue, you can get help here. see Getting Started - RawPedia

• If you are not happy with the basic input color profile, you can use DCP profile for the camera shipped by adobe with adobe DNG convertersee How to get LCP and DCP profiles - RawPedia

• If you are still not happy with Adobe DCP , then you will raise an issue to ask how to generate applicable data (camconst.json and DCP)

1 Like

And it could help if you provided a test raw photo with applicable license as License: CC-BY-SA

@Entropy512 see this, and shoot if you still have questions:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Raw_Formats

1 Like

@Tony3d do you have (access to) a color target?

Is Nikon Z6 supported by RT 5.7 (or latest dev code)? I see that the Auto-Matched Camera Profile option is grayed out for images from that camera. OTOH ART (RT fork by agriggio) has that profile enabled and it works.