Cannot identify folders or files on Fujifilm XT-3 [SOLVED]

Hi,
I installed RPD 0.9.28. on Linux Mint 20.3, connected a fujifilm xt-3, turned it one and tried to import the images but it doesn’t work. RPD shows the camera but can’t load the images. The filemanager shows the following error:

No such interface “org.gtk.vfs.Mount” on object at path /org/gtk/vfs/mount/1

Interesting ist, that this error disappears after closing rpd and I can access the files on the camera again.

Am I doing something wrong here?

best Wapitifass

Hello Wapitifass,

Please follow the instructions for bug reports here: Rapid Photo Downloader: Documentation

This step is very important. Until you do that there is not much I can do.

There is one additional step those instructions do not yet mention, however, which will be fixed in the next version of Rapid Photo Downloader. To upload the tar file to GitHub, you need to zip it first. Let me know if you need help doing that.

Hello again Wapitifass,

In my previous message I should have mentioned one more thing: while Rapid Photo Downloader is accessing the camera, no other program can access it. Likewise, if another program is accessing the camera, Rapid Photo Downloader cannot access it. That is a limitation of the PTP protocol the computer uses to communicate with the camera. There is nothing that can be done about it. Every program is affected by it, on every operating system.

Hi, thank you @damonlynch

I made a bug report.

I also found some additional information. Maybe it’s not a problem of rpd and more of Linux Mint. But I haven’t found a solution so far.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=341043

Looking through the log files indicates thumbnails were generated previously, correct? What changed between then and now? Sometimes removing the camera and plugging it in again fixes it.

When Rapid Photo Downloader is running with the camera attached, do not use Nemo or another program to try to access the camera.

correct. But, I downloaded some files before with an external cardreader. This works perfectly fine. I think the thumbnails were created at that point. Now I connected the camera directly to the laptop and wanted to download the rest of the images.

Didn’t make a difference.

I closed every program except of RPD. No difference. Maybe something is accessing the card in the background. How can I find out?

I just recognized that RPD doesn’t recognize the files on the card as images. At least it shows: “Others” on the left.

grafik

The log file indicates "WARNING scan.py 624: Unable to detect any specific folders (like DCIM) on X-T3".
This is the problem. The software library that Rapid Photo Downloader uses to access the camera, libgphoto2, is reporting that it cannot locate anything on the camera. To diagnose further, if you like do this from a terminal window:

export RPD_SCAN_DEBUG=1
rapid-photo-downloader --debug

That will output to the terminal an enormous amount of debugging output from libgphoto2, and some from Rapid Photo Downloader too. In there will be the problem libgphoto2 is facing.

Haha, that’s it. Thank you very much. Fujifilm XT-3 has two sd-card slots and if you read them from the camera the foldestructure is like this:

• SLOT 1
    • DCIM
  • SLOT 2
    • DCIM

So the only thing I had to do ist add this in RPD:

Thank you very much @damonlynch for the fast help and for this great piece of software.

That’s valuable to know. Whether that means Fuji has departed from the DCIM standard I’m not sure. But in any case I’ll need to account for that in a future version.