Cannot read Google Drive cloud folder

With new Google Drive for desktop, one can mount the Google Drive as a cloud drive. RawTherapee cannot read such a directory unlike other similar software. At least in macOS 10.15 and RawTherapee 5.8. It detects the Google Drive folder but not any folder or file inside. Any idea?

Is this new drive client actually syncing files down to your local file system? If no, then I’m not surprised RT can’t see them

Actually you can. If you want you can set any folder or file available offline. RawTherapee does not see them either. Darktable and LR have no problem with reading these folders.

What type of files from what camera?

Mostly .arw from Sony. But RT cannot detect any image files or subfolders in Drive folder. Now, I realize that the same problem happens with my external HDD too.

I run into the this topic. It seems the same problem here. However, I do not know how to implement the suggested solution there. There is no flatpak command/utility in macOS.

For macOS you need to give RT full disk access in Gatekeeper, assuming a recent version of macOS

Yes. I have already did it and restarted the computer. Didn’t work.

If you right click a file from Finder, and choose to open it with RT, does that work?

1 Like

If it’s download on demand there are only tokens in the folder and not files. Some software won’t invoke and download the file to open it…might be the issue

I was using the file browser of RT in all that time. I tried to open it from the Finder and it started working. Now the file browser sees all the folders and files in the cloud drive as well as the external HDD. Thanks a lot.