Canon EOS R7 CR3 white balance issues

@Lawrence37 I neglected to thank you for pointing me (everyone) to the development versions. I now have the EXIF data that was missing.

However, I do noticed that the latest Canon R cameras are not available for input profiles. I’m not surprised that my R8 input profile, under Color Management, is missing but I would have thought the R7, being released much earlier would be available. The latest in the list I see is the R5 and R6 cameras. Is this a request that should be entered on GitHub, or is there some other mechanism to request this?

Finally, I’m having issues finding the location to find the path of the Default Processing Profile where I can put my own profile. Is it in the /home/.config/Rawtherapee Options file? If so, where inside, I can’t find it?
TIA

Colors are close enough for most cameras with just a simple color matrix. Color profiles can improve accuracy, but require color target shots. The process of creating profiles is described on RawPedia here. At the minimum, we ask for the color target shots and we will create the profiles.

Custom processing profiles are to be stored in the “profiles” subdirectory in the RawTherapee directory you wrote. See http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/File_Paths#Processing_Profiles

1 Like

Thanks @Lawrence37 ! When I looked at that previously I didn’t understand that all I had to do was move my newly created profile to that folder. It works and thanks again! I took a look at the creating profiles and it’s a long read and may pursue it later, hopefully.

Thank you Lawrence37. Opening some of my earliest R7 CR3 files in RT, their color balance looks reasonable.

It makes sense that the color temperature setting is the culprit. It gives me something to work on, as frustrating as that is. Thanks very much.