Can't change language or save settings correctly

I’m just starting to use siril and really like it, but got a problem with all 2 latest versions ive checked.
I go and change menus language from the settings, change some other settings etc
But when i revisit after closing everything seems to be removed and starts from old settings.
How can i save my settings? Maybe its cause my account name (and user folder) is in greek characters
and siril cant access it to store settings? Can i solve it?

Probably it’s because of the non-ASCII characters in the path, you could copy the settings file somewhere else and pass the -i and the path to the file to siril every time you launch it, it can be done with a shortcut on windows. Sorry…

Thanks for help, what is the settings file name that im searching to copy elsewhere?

Hum. I already had the case of wide char in login (especially in french with the é, è, …).
Now this kind of issue should be fixed.

I think it’s siril.config, probably in %LocalAppData%\siril ?

I found the file on LocalAppData, thanks. Tried to start siril with the -i parameter but doesnt seem to be right. Should i change something in the following? Ive put the settings file in root D:\ directory.

D:\SiriL\bin\siril.exe -i D:\

No the -i should be the path to an existing file, I never tried it on windows…

In fact you’re right, this command line option is broken in 0.99.8. You are probably stuck then…

OK, I’ve fixed the -i issue in the dev version.

Dev version is available here: https://gitlab.com/free-astro/siril/-/jobs/artifacts/master/download?job=win64-nightly

Thanks lock! Whats the right way to use the -i command?

you could copy the settings file somewhere else and pass the -i and the path to the file to siril every time you launch it, it can be done with a shortcut on windows.

Tried the nightly build and the following command:
D:\SiriL\bin\siril.exe -i “D:”
while setting file is moved to root D: directory,
still cant make it work :frowning:

You need to explicitly write:
D:\SiriL\bin\siril.exe -i “D:\siril.config”

Copy-pasted that…checked siril.config file…still not working :frowning: