[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

@qmpel: I really like… no… I love the concept of displaying both the sun and moon pictures as a side-by-side set, especially with the added context of being taken at the same time. Well thought out, and an excellent example of ‘story telling!’ :heart:

4 Likes

Very nice continuity, all three.

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t sure, if this is remotely interesting for anyone - but I found it somehow intriguing. The where all shot today, ofc.

2 Likes

When I saw the first shot, I thought: nice shot; interesting photo of the sun. But then, when I saw the second shot, it was a case of…

DARTH VADER: Impressive… MOST impressive! :blush:

Very clever, I thought. And Len’s right: all three are great.

1 Like

Continuing the water theme. We went down to the dam earlier on. Normally if they have to vent water from the loch, they open a central vent. It is rare for them to open a side vent, and almost unknown for them to open both.

7 Likes

# La Vita è Bella

17 Likes

11 Likes

An impressive Scottish highland cattle shot in the German lowland today.

15 Likes

Here in Canada, apparently a growing number of farmers are switching to Scottish cattle. Culture shock for both Canadian passers by and the cattle themselves.

3 Likes

Fog? In Toronto? In January? We came out of a week of deep freeze (or what counts as deep freeze in Toronto) with a major rain storm, and the aftermath has been a few days of beautiful fog. I got out for a couple of hours yesterday. In my rush, I blew some settings, but it is what it is. I haven’t cleaned up things like signs and sticks in the scenes yet…still rushing now, I guess…

The footprints in this one are from a guy who asked me if I could take a picture of him while I was setting up the shot. Thanks, dude!

16 Likes

An advantage of the long running nature of this is that I’ve managed to cover all four seasons with the oak tree so to save some scrolling I’ve put them all in one place, excuse some repetition

15 Likes

The cookware incident

No gorgeous neighborhoods around here, so just had fun documenting the failure of my flux capacit^H^H^H^H frying pan.

11 Likes

Sorry, I just scrolled through all the unread posts. I am liking the photos of frost structures and winterscapes. Not everyone’s winter is like that, but I am biased as a Canadian.

There are many posts that I would love to spend more time on, fawning over and commenting on, but @123sg, it is your lucky day. I will briefly do so for your contribution.

The variety of shapes, sizes and patterns in this post are interesting, particularly the one with the shadows, even though parliament buildings are typically full of boring formal regalia and protocol.

The hallway with the columns reminds me of that Matrix scene. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hooray! :partying_face:

Thanks Alan, appreciate that.
Shapes and patterns was a bit of a theme there.

I don’t remember that - will have to watch sometime!

A staircase

32 Likes

Lovely!

The forecast was promising, so I took a day off and went on a longer trip with my beloved doggy.

16 Likes

Deep Cove
When my family and I went there the rain was pouring. It is one of these more rainy places here. Given the drier than normal seasons seeing the rain is a bit relaxing and nostalgic.
The place is beautiful but way too much populated nowadays - even in the rain.

8 Likes

Lovely set! How do you make the multi-row image layout in a post? I remember reading about it before but now can’t find it…

2 Likes

It is a recent feature. See:

6 Likes