[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Fresh from today:

12 Likes

It’s getting on toward late spring here and summer heat is starting to give us a preview for the next few weeks before setting in for good. It was a moderate but humid morning today.

Bright spring greens over a small pond – It always surprises me how relatively difficult it can be to capture and render spring green in the way it looked in person. I got reasonably close with this, but the glow of sunlight isn’t as obvious as it was in person whenever the sun made its frustratingly brief and intermittent appearances.

Grasping for the canopy in The Grove (old historic Camp Livingston, Pineville, Louisiana) – Think I’ll also post this one as PlayRaw…

14 Likes

Yakushima’s ancient cedar forests

30 Likes

Amazing @TonyBarrett !

1 Like

The third one looks like you need to walk between a monster’s legs to continue the path. Nice work!

1 Like

The last batch I’m going to share from my recent trip to Victoria, BC.

17 Likes

Particularly like the last one!
Identity of the mountain? or the vessel?

1 Like

You do indeed

14 Likes

That is Mount Baker in Washington state, US.

No idea about the vessel but it will have left the port of Vancouver.

1 Like

Some images from Völklingen Ironworks

19 Likes

Had an idea for the “People without people” thread and took a quick shot at lunch with my phone. Tried to do a quick lightroom edit but I think the crop is too severe.
I’ll have to come back to this site some time to get the pic I was hoping for.

4 Likes

Magnificent! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@martin.scharnke
Thank you!
The first four pictures are from the blower hall, where the exhibition ‘The German Cinema’ was and therefore quite dark. I was there early enough to use my tripod.
Have you ever tried to photograph a black machine in the dark?

Well, no! :slight_smile:
Nice that you could use a tripod … lots of places disallow them, and even the monopod workaround is sometimes verboten

6 Likes

Just before Easter, my 13 year old PC setup has been replaced with Ryzen 7 7800X3D • Radeon RX 7800 XT (16 GB) • 32 GB DDR5, all based on ASUS Prime motherboard.

19 Likes

Very nice. When I first glanced at the image, I thought it was a photo of some sort of industrial equipment — it has that kind of timeless air to it. Love the lighting, too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

That was originally thought as a Brenizer bokehrama, however, besides plenty of megapixel, it didn’t bring much to the table. The magic is not there, because I used a 35 mm @ f/2.8 on APS-C camera and perhaps didn’t stand close enough.

12 Likes