[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

That’s interesting how the filaments have fallen off into the “waiting hand” of the petal. Good catch.

Oh you punks. :slight_smile:
My battery is charged but I got caught up doing chores after work.
I think I’ll bring my kit down to work tomorrow and snap a few during my break. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

34 Likes

OMG I actually took a darn photo with my actual camera! :scream_cat:

Granted, it’s not a good photo, but it feels nice to look through the viewfinder again! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

It’s a very nice photo. The shore, jetties, rock outcrops, lack of people and the composition makes for a very, very strong sense of … flat, slow, empty, dozy, varm.

It’s excellent

1 Like

There was a fireworks recently during the rhine fair in Düsseldorf, Germany. Took my camera with tripod and remote-control to take some shots.

11 Likes

VVarm but the farthest dock is stressing me out. :sweat_smile:

Oh man, those batteries.

I just got a new film camera off ebay, and it came without batteries. Thankfully the batteries are at least still available to buy. So I called up my local photo store, and indeed they had some. But when I got there later that day, they only had one left, of the three my camera needs. None of the electronics stores had any. Dejectedly, I ordered some online, but those wouldn’t arrive until after I’ll leave for a short trip tomorrow.

The happy ending: I remembered an old, out-of-the-way mom-and-pop electrics-supply store. The kind that sell solder and resistors and the like. Lo and behold, they had exactly three of the V265U I needed!

Alas, I will only be able to show the resulting pictures once I finish the roll, develop it, and scan the negatives. In due time. Film photography is a slow process (and I won’t know if the camera has light leaks or exposes properly until then :grin:).

2 Likes

The main square of Pécs, Hungary. In the background, the building of the former mosque, which started life as, and is, since the late 17th century, again a Catholic church. Mosque of Pasha Qasim - Wikipedia

Captured yesterday evening using my phone (I forgot to bring my camera…), captured using Open Camera (after several garish photos from other apps).

9 Likes

Mojito, my parent’s cat.
Who doesn’t love a photo of a sleeping cat?

14 Likes

Spotted today on a walk -

12 Likes

Boom isn’t sleeping but he’s seriously relaxed (he’s good at that). Cellphone shot.

12 Likes

These angles on cats are great :rofl:
I’m gonna leave this one here(not as an embedded pic as it is a bit old and goes against the nature of this thread): https://pics.hatsnp.eu/imgs/tobias26.jpg

3 Likes

this is beautiful! I realized what that was only from the title. Look at all the natural shapes the world makes!

I once was in a field trip to see some geology and one of the group leaders took us to a puddle; he started putting some weight with his shoes on of the edges of the puddle, and then boom, mini avalanches were triggered and clouds of sands were dispersed in the water… and the beauty of it was that this is the exact same thing that happens on a much larger scale on continental margins, i.e. where lands stops and seas and oceans begins.

So I should have known that this is indeed a beach but I chose to see instead a drape, a veil with little jewels pinned on it.

4 Likes

Sometimes a pair of doves is our guest in the garden, yesterday one of them had a sip from our small pond :blush:. I took this photo through the window of our kitchen, no CPL at hand, but darktable Diffuse&Sharpen did a good job :grinning:

2 Likes

From sunday, I’ve used the smartphone

7 Likes

Lilium martagon

5 Likes

The Danube, a few kilometres north of Budapest. After sunset, handheld, GCam Night Vision mode on a OnePlus Nord.

10 Likes

I finally had time to relax today and weather was excellent to watch the shadow play in the city.

38 Likes

These are the pictures that I took last Friday.
Spectacular foggy afternoon

33 Likes