_DSF7627_02.RAF.xmp (18.0 KB)
dt 4.5

Thank you, greetings!

Just couldn’t miss an edit of these beautiful cars :smiley:

_DSF7627.RAF.xmp (17.3 KB)

7 Likes

I really like your deep red.

1 Like

The contrast between those rich enamel colors and the tepid, tinny-looking color of the newer car is interesting.

ART 1.18 with some experimental code I’ve been playing around with.

_DSF7627-27.jpg.out.arp (11.3 KB)
The arp file won’t look the same due to the experimental module, but it has the other ART settings.

You did say we could play with the colors. :smiley: Not a perfect job, but it’s getting late and I’m tiring (just turned the corner toward getting over a minor case of the new COVID variant), so it’s time for bed.

ART 1.20.2

_DSF7627.RAF.arp (23.3 KB)

8 Likes

Nice change, here are many painted pink like Barbie cars.

2 Likes

Well, being honest, to my eye, just with really minor tweaks to default settings, the image looks nice and tasty :smiley:

_DSF7627.RAF.xmp (7.2 KB)

7 Likes

red filmic halation in gimp

before:

after

2 Likes

I just applied a style I was using recently to try it and liked it!
The yellow is a little different though…

_DSF7627.RAF.xmp (12.0 KB)

Edit, 5 m min later - I think this one is better. Some channel mixer tweaks in color calibration

_DSF7627.RAF.xmp (10.7 KB)

4 Likes

It’s waiting for Aretha, to head down the freeway of love … :smiley:

1 Like

Cars and colors in Havana to play with_DSF7627.RAF.xmp (17.5 KB)

2 Likes

Hello,

This evening I did a few tests with the new version of Sigmoid (https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/15104) and thought of your beautiful photo. After seeing a few proposals, I noticed that my proposal lacked detail in the reflections of the red car body.
I was very impressed by this new option in the sigmoid module, and here’s a short video demonstrating the potential of this new tool.

Sigmoid

_DSF7627_13.RAF.xmp (18.0 KB)
darktable-4.5.0+877 https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/nightly

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

2 Likes

My first edit above was more of a die cast toy car look… which I liked… more toned down version

3 Likes

Before editing, I have called the tow truck to remove the ugly car of the 21st century and I have also put a lens with F1 luminosity on the camera for a good bokeh. :joy: :rofl:

20231010__DSF7627.RAF.xmp (21,6 KB)

Dreetings!

Edit:
Version for Rawtherapee 5.9: :slightly_smiling_face:

20231010__DSF7627_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (27,4 KB)

Greetings again! :wink:

3 Likes

Having failed miserably with DT i gave it a try with gimp…

3 Likes

Go back and crank up the red colorfulness in CC module on your DT edit…I bet it will saturate the cars nicely… see if you like it better… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice… :smile:

I did a straight conversion (no extra parameters) of the raw to jpg with Imagemagick. It looks pretty derned good, except maybe for the strong reflections off of the cars. I suspect those strong reflections are actually part of the photo.

2 Likes