Case for Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W plus Zero4U and 0,96 inch display

This is like a continuation of thread https://discuss.pixls.us/t/tiny-lbb-build-question/15275/75 but it got so long and I wanted to let people find this easier.

The things I used:

• Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
  • Zero4U 4-Port USB Hub for Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3&W (ZERO4U_2018_801)
  • AZDelivery 0,96 inch OLED Display I2C with 128 x 64 pixel
  • 8 x 5 mm plastic spacer
  • 4 x M2.5 ruthex threaded inserts
  • 4 x 25mm cylinder head screw

The Zero4U Hub with Pogo Pins was not designed for the Raspberry Pi 2 but one pad moved only just a little bit. In addition they tested it now und say it’s not a problem. I had no issues too.

Printed case with M2.5 ruthex threaded inserts:

Insert screws, Zero4U and 5 mm spacers (the spacer delivered with the Zero4U are a tiny bit shorter, I don’t like them because you see how the PCB bends when tightening the screws)

Raspberry Pi Zero on top and again 5mm spacers:

Top case on it and final result:

I clued the display into the top case. The assembly is a bit tricky because lack of space etc. Also I soldered the wires directly to the Display, there is just not enough space. It’s also possible to start the other way around (with the top case facing to the table, could be easier)
I think you could omit the threaded inserts, use screw nuts instead and clue the two parts together. Should be stable enough this way.

Note: I made some mistakes for some of the cut-outs and forgot something for the display. I updated the drawings and the .stl files should be fine now. However, I can’t guarantee it. I’ll be on holyday for now and come back second week next year. Until then, my friend will have printed the updated version.

If somebody else would like to test it or check the measurements, here’re the files.

RP2_zero4u_display_case.zip (628.4 KB)

4 Likes

This looks really cool, nice job!

I did some light modification on the case so here is (the hopfully finale) result:

RP2_zero4u_display_case_v1.1.zip (980.1 KB)