Tiny LBB build Question

I can add what ever words or graphics to case, please let me know, if want something special.

I will need to do a test build, to confirm fittings, but so far it feels pretty good and solid in ABS and ASA

K

Ah, I see what you mean. We would like to have 3D printer files in any on the common formats (for example, STL, COLLADA, OBJ, FBX, X3D). Basically, we need the files that we can feed to a 3D printer, so we can print our own cases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure STL is most common

K

Would like access to the STL file to print a Pizero + USB board + OLED box, if at all possible.

Taken the Zero case to V2 Test case.

at this stage, I can’t UPLOAD STL to this fourm, so email me at:

Kerry@kLite.com.au for STL files.

You should be able to do myfile.stl.txt eg, just add .txt to the file name.

1 Like

WOW, that is some smart thinking there…lets give it ago…

zero_LBB_Test4.txt (200.8 KB)

so user MUST change file extension back to ‘.stl’ for this to work…:slight_smile:

K

Great! Would you mind sharing STL files for the Raspberry Pi 4 case too? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Almost done…

3D%20design%20rpi4_lbb_qc3%20%20%20Tinkercad%20(2) 3D%20design%20rpi4_lbb_qc3%20%20%20Tinkercad%20(1)
3D%20design%20rpi4_lbb_qc3%20%20%20Tinkercad%20(4)

1 Like

Some QUICK shots, can do a proper strobe shoot if needed… K

turned out real nice, even glowing internal blue LED to show HDD ACT STAT light.

let me know any changes.

K

2 Likes

I love it! And the two-color combo is a nice touch. :smile: I can’t wait to get my hands on the STL files and print one for myself!

very good, no changes, here is the dropbox link to STL files, for Zero and RPI4 builds.

please test and advice if changes are needed, all the best on your work.

STL files

1 Like

Thank you so very much, Kerry! I’ll try to print both cases myself, and I’ll share my results. :slight_smile:

Would it be OK with you, if I include the final STL files into Little Backup Box under the GPLv3 open source license?

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
Dmitri

1 Like

yep, please use as you need…:slight_smile:
happy new year!!

K

1 Like

STAT HDD LED mod

add this text using ‘notepad++’

to the config file at root of SD

# Use external LED as SD ACT LED 
dtoverlay=pi3-act-led,gpio=17

if you change the LED pin make sure its a 3.3v pin, you should use a small resistor as RPI has not got a lot of current rating on the GPIO pins.

K

Hello,
this is an old topic but since the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W came out, it is getting more interesting to use littlebackupbox with the smaller Pi and the zero4u 4-port usb hub. The first Raspberry Pi Zero just wasn’t powerful enough, unfortunately.
@Ktronik made a first “test case” for it, but unfortunately never a “final” version.
I first planned to make a build with the same Adafruit PiOLED - 128x32 @Ktronik used, but ran into the issue that the ssd1306 command line tool only supports 2 lines with that display. It’s not a big deal to change the code but at the end I wanted to have the 3 lines for some more informations to display for customs.sh configs. So I switched to the AZDelivery 0,96 inch OLED Display I2C with 128 x 64 pixel and made a case for it.

Note it’s my first CAD drawing ever, after reading a lot and watching tutorials and starting over two times, because of lack of experience, I finally finished with a design I’m ok with. Of cause it’s not as fancy as the the final case for the raspberry pi 4 from @Ktronik, but I think I’m fine with it for now. For example: the connectors are not directly on the outside of the case, they are recessed into the case (can’t describe it better because english is not my native language) but it should work fine (had a bought case where it was the same, but the display wasn’t possible). I had to do it that way because I wanted wo screw the hole thing and had no space for the threaded inserts if the case was less wide. And I don’t have enough experience to make a clipping mechanism for now.

On the lower right is the bottom case and the upper right is the top case. It’s designed to mount it with screws through the bottom case and fit ruthex threaded inserts M2.5 in the upper case. The holes on the buttom case have a counterbore for the screws that you can’t see on the picture.

I hope to print it next week to see if everything fits. I would be happy to share everything and if @dmpop wants to, he can include it into littlebackupbox under GPLv3 open source licence. Still not sure if it’s good enough for other people to be interesting.

Should I continue this thread or make a new one with the final result and all the documentations needed?

Kind Regards,
Markus

1 Like

Fantastic work! Alas, the latest release of Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye deprecated the wiringpi library, thus breaking LCD screen support. Moreover, due to a lack of time and changing priorities, I’m not actively developing Little Backup Box at the moment.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

Yes I noticed the problem with bullseye and the wiringpi library. Because I needed the new bullseye release for the new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 hardware. But you can just dwonload the .deb file and install it or compile it yourselve before and the installation script runs without problems.

Kind Regards,
Markus

FYI the case was delayed because my friend at work got sick. Another friend printed the case for me and I’m waiting for the shippment. Should arrive in 1-3 days. SInce my last post and the problem with bullseye and the wiringpi library, there was a raspbian buster legacy release that should work with the Raspberry Pi Zero 2. I know @dmpop is not actively developing Little Backup Box at the moment. But I think everybody interested can continue with the work he has done. I’m not a software engineer myself and was able to do many adjustments. Great job @dmpop
I think I’ll start a new thread when the final result of the case is satisfying. Hope this way more people will find a case googleing for the Raspberry Pi Zero (2) plus Zero4U.

Kind Regards,
Markus

I made a new thread, see Case for Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W plus Zero4U and 0,96 inch display

1 Like