Change Rawtherapee interface

I noticed a few things I would to see handled differently by RawTherapee’s interface and I would like to know how to go about it:

The saved presets list is in a drop down menu which can be tough to navigate, especially if the folder structure is complex. Would be nice if they were laid out like in Lightroom, as a list in a small area which would also show which preset the current edit is based on.

Is there a special place I can write to in order to request such an implementation? or is there a scripting language I can look into that will allow me to modify the interface?

Sorry about my ignorance and thanks in advance for all the help! :smiley:

you just did, didn’t you? :slight_smile:

I’m afraid not, sorry. you’ll have to get your hands dirty with c++, or keep bugging the devs until someone does that :slight_smile: (btw, I have never used lightroom so I personally have no idea what you are talking about)

@agriggio so in RawTherapee we get the drop down menu that shows us the presets we have in our Profiles folder. If in that folder we have further folders, they can be browsed within that menu turning into a potentially overcrowded array of cascading mess.

I believe doing thing the way Lightroom does it would help. In the screenshot below, numbered as 1, is the list of presets available, clickable and easy to overview.

Also when selecting a preset, then proceeding to make further changes, the list of things you did features the name of the preset selected, rather than just “Profile changed” as it is now in RawTherapee

I’m not sure if and how this can work if you are using dynamic profiles. In my case I load 3 to 4 profiles: default, camera model, lens and iso.

@ChasingShadows

Applied profile: Default

• RGB Contrast: -20
  • LAB Luminance: +4
  • Lab L curve changed

Snapshot 1 saved
Applied partial profile: NikonD700
Applied partial profile: Nikkor105f2

Okay, I see. You meant to have that info in the history. I thought you meant a single field with the profile …

this was unclear to me as well. yes, it does make sense.
@stefan.chirila can you open a feature request on github? no promise that it will happen soon, but if you have enough patience maybe…

2 Likes

I have no idea how :frowning:

1 Like

Sounds like a neat idea where I first though “if it is the way LR does it, I don’t want it” - so thanks Stefan for bringing it up as well as clearly illustrating what you mean and thanks to Morgan for putting in the feature request. This forum seems to do a great job!

PS: I also learned a little humbling lesson, not everything Adobe developers came up with is camel dung after all…I’ll keep that in mind next time!

@Mike_Bing Lightroom isn’t dung :stuck_out_tongue: let’s be fair they do a lot of things well, such as highlights recovery and noise removal. I just don’t like supporting them because …well because I like to support open source :stuck_out_tongue: and Rawtherapee does other things really well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even dung has its uses, though I am unsure if it recovers highlights and removes noise :rofl:.

4 Likes

Applied to your ears directly it removes noise wonderfully!

1 Like

Hi,

just create an account on github and submit an issue at:

with the description of your proposed solution as above. And thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like