Chromatic Aberration Correction (auto) and Canon R5

I found a strange behavior with Automatic Chromatic Aberration Correction.

When “Avoid color shift” is enabled, it produces a purple/violet band on two borders. In my case, left and top borders. I’m not sure if they can change position with different kind of pictures.

These bands are more intense if more iterations are set.

By disabling “Avoid color shift” the bands disappear.
Other raws from other cameras do not have this issue.

RAW
RAW2

Win7-64
RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2995-g166538dbc_W64_generic_210613

I can reproduce this with the above provided images.

I also downloaded and confirmed it on another Canon R5, cr3 RAW (this one don’t know its license, so home use only!). Not as prominent though, but it is there.

For whatever reason, I am not able to download your raw files. Anyway, what you report usually is caused by a wrong raw crop. What do your raw files look, if you set the raw border to 0 in demosaic tool? Are there borders at top or left?

Ingo

Neither could I using Pixls, I used wget and that works like a charm. Not sure if you are on Linux though :slight_smile:

Yeah, there’s a border all right:

I’ll see if I can fix it

1 Like

A border appears when you set it to 0 but the purple haze remains.

EDIT: Too late…

This should have fixed the issue: Fix raw crop for Canon EOS R5 · Beep6581/RawTherapee@c937e09 · GitHub

The next nightly build should include the fix. You can also make the necessary changes to the camconst.json file in your RawTherapee installation directory if you want an immediate change.

Thanks for reporting @bluc!

2 Likes

Just to make sure: I just rebuild and all is fine now.

Another quick solution.

Edited camconst.json and it worked, as you said.
Thank you!

1 Like