[Closed] Lightroom scroll issue in Ubuntu Gnome edge scrolling

Before I open an issue, I’d like to know if anyone else experiences the same problem as I and if there’s some kind of setting I’m missing.
Edge scrolling in lightroom is extremely fast, to a point where it becomes useless. Because of that, the only way I can scroll through the images is using the arrows.
This only happens in lightroom, so it’s not a matter of an incorrect touchpad speed setup. Anywhere else (in darktable and other programs), edge scrolling works normally.
My system is Ubuntu 20.04, Gnome 3.36.3, darktable 3.1.0~git2163.fda1e5796.
EDIT: It’s been a couple of months now since the issue arose.

There was a fix for touchpad/trackpad scrolling in in Darktable is unusable with a trackpad. · Issue #5474 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub (commit d0389cc3525ee769c74c95f112e03d293a4eaaff) — but this was around a month ago (2020-06-17). It seems your build of Darktable was from 2020-06-15, which was just two days before the fix landed.

1 Like

Solved, thanks!
I was planning to switch from dev to stable as soon as the new one is released, so I froze the upgrades at that point trying to minimize the chances of database incompatibility.
Not sure if this is the best strategy…

TBH we’re so far on in the release cycle right now I would consider dev to be stable. I certainly have way fewer issues with current master than I ever did with 3.0.2.

I’ve been working on dev for quite some time now, and I always found it very stable.
But I never care about compatibility because I wasn’t worried, at the time, with dam.
Now, I’m beginning to seriously using the dam features, collecting all my images, tagging them and so on.
This takes quite some processing time, and I’m concerned that doing it on dev might bring some issues and I’ll have to reindex all the images at some point.
That’s the main reason for my plan in switching to stable.