Coffee, tea - whatever gets you through the day

Hi everyone,

I have this weird habit of taking photos of the froth on my coffee, when I see something interesting in it. I’m no barista, so I get totally random figures. These photos then serve as Rorschach’s blots, and my family and friends make free associations. This one is just for fun, I obviously cheated:

I called this one ‘the morning after’.

Then others are abstract:

Perhaps a spectacled old mouse?

My wife said the top part is a baby’s soother; I see a lady’s head, with the think fur trimming of a coat surrounding the neck:

What do you see? Do you take pictures of your morning / afer-lunch / late night drinks?

11 Likes

That’s cool! I’m not really much of a coffee drinker… I do take photos of meals sometimes… not quite the same though.

When I start seeing faces in my tea I’ll get concerned.

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

The bottom one reminded me of a big nosed gnome looking up :smiley: It even has a “button” on his shirt. Good thread

2 Likes

So I’m not the only one with issues :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Not usually, but here is my mint-coffee brewing. Moroccan mint that was growing where I didn’t want, so I pulled it out by the roots. It’s like mint tea, but with coffee instead.

Does it look tempting? Probably not. But it is my favourite drink in the world. I am easily pleased.

5 Likes

Maybe a bunny? With a bow tie?

2 Likes

We use this, twice a day.
It is an Indian tea scales, used to measure the correct amount of loose leaf tea
per cup. As counter-weight, an Indian 25 paise coin is used, which yields
the exact amount of tea leaves to use for 2.55 dl water.

From this you probably already have gathered that we
are tea-totallers, favouring pure, single-plantation-vintage tea.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

5 Likes

Getting rooster vibes, though not quite so.

A lady in a long dress? Perhaps a singer.

2 Likes

Love it. I used to be a big-time tea drinker during high school and university. Though, being the lazy person I am, I almost always drink filter tea, and that’s certainly not “pure, single-plantation-vintage tea”. Yellow Label Lipton and Twinings Earl Grey are as fancy as we go…
We used to go to https://vorosoroszlanteahaz.hu/, who have a wide selection of nice teas.

2 Likes

You are, Sir, a man of culture!

I use a cheap digital scale from Aliexpress and a plastic cup as a “Wägeschiffchen” (which is a REAL GERMAN WORD {literal translation “small weighing ship”} for a reusable, inert, non sticky, reasonably light but stable, often elongated container with a wide opening and often a snout and the purpose of sitting on a scale and containing the stuff you want to weigh).

4 Likes

Wind-blown hair

3 Likes

Brain fog. :face_in_clouds:

The hard part is getting the focus very fast before the lens is covered with dew…

5 Likes

Yearning for the sky:

2 Likes

Friend sent me a pic of his first rosetta, I was like, er, yeah, great

IMG_6526

I’ve found a Guinea pig in my mug!

5 Likes

Surprised there are no Catholic symbols yet. Then again, I do not know the religious or non-religious composition of our audience…

Speaking of seeing things, imagine seeing yourself in the coffee one day. @Soupy, that would definitely be a cause for concern. :stuck_out_tongue: