Color chart dtstyle generation

Odd how this is all going. Some, like the River/castle seem to just snap into place. Others with all the green and yellow just fight me so bad.

P4210045.ORF (14.9 MB)
P4210045.ORF.xmp (24.3 KB)

Uploading: P5010065.ORF…
P5010065.ORF.xmp (16.1 KB)
July21_2.dtstyle (8.4 KB)

I shelved the chart for now. It seemed like an “easy button”, but wound up making things more complicated.
I then went and downloaded Capture One, which had a jarringly simple interface after Darktable’s …verbose…way of showing things. The OOC JPG matched the Raw display almost immediately, but I found myself missing the parametric mask and the history stack. And the ability to quickly turn on/off modules. I click those on/off buttons a LOT.
So, back to darktable for one last try. Watched some more videos, and then I came across someone who explained it in a simple enough way that things just clicked into place for me. Darktable Tutorial - The Four Steps You Need to Know - Full Edit - YouTube It is by no means a complete solution, and he only covers a few modules, but it was simple enough I was able to follow along and actually get colors out of my dreary raws.
I will continue this darktable color chart business at another time…thank you all for the help and discussion. There is some great information in here.

If continuing with DT maybe just use the color calibration with your card and get accurate color. This may not be a match for your jpg but it will be color accurate and then you can craft that look or your own look with some edits in color balance etc or perhaps later with some luts via the various means to create and use those…

Can we import a file fora different colour chart into DT and then use that colour chart to calibrate DT?
I don’t have the Xrite, I do have a file for the card I do have.
(QP Card, QP 201)

In theory you could provide the data and then ask for support. That is what I did with AP for the Spyderchecker and the color chart calibration in the color calibration module…but I think Darktable chart feature is currently broken after v3.6 of DT…

using a colorcheker in color calibration and creating a color lookup table are two different steps.
For colorcalibration reliable measurement data for all the color target copies are obligatory to get them includes by default.
This e.g. is a reason why coloraid targets aren’t supported, since their values may differ batch-wise