Color Masks in Gimp

I know the question has been answered for getting the matting extraction (ty @houz).

For using it, I had recorded a video a few years ago that used this as part of an experimental fork of GIMP back then:

4 Likes

For me the ‘Levin-Matting’ algorithm crashes gimp. I have to try gimp 2.9.7 if there isn’t this crash.

@s7habo
Thank you for your great video!

??? I don’t know what any of that means. I am trying to change the engine, but it grayed out.

If the engine is grayed out, your version of gimp isn’t built with support for that option.

What versions are supported? I have the most recent developerer version.

Can’t change to levin-matting in 2.9 It’s grayed out

I have the exact same issue.

For anyone on Windows, samj’s portable compile works with both matting options.

I pinged the GIMP dev who is making the official installer. I’ll report back once I know more. I suppose that it’s just an oversight.

Edit: The answer was that it was just forgotten indeed. The next release will have it fixed.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that helped me! I really apprecite it!

Hi,
I’m using the flatpak for GIMP 2.10.6 and the Matte Engine drop-down menu is grayed out. Could it be that the flatpak is missing a library ?

Most likely the flatpak is missing that library. If you’re enterprising, diff the version from gimp’s repo with the version from the flathub repo. They were supposedly the same… If they’re still the same, file a bug with the gimp project. If they’re different, the issue is probably with flathub’s version

GEGL needs to be compiled with umfpack support for matting-levin to work.

Thanks. I’ve been trying to build GEGL from the Gitlab repository but I encounter this issue.

@ChameleonScales
Well, that issue is self-explanatory [if you have encountered it before :slight_smile: ]

On Linux MInt 19 Tara: Menu | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager → Settings | Repositories. Under Source code, tick box to Enable source code repositories.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Thanks.
I’ve succesfully built GEGL. However, building GIMP from source is ridiculously daunting. Many dependencies I’ve installed and built from source are not detected when running $ ./configure.
I’m giving up on this.
Besides, I don’t think I have to do this. If the flatpak doesn’t have the Levin engine, then it’s missing the library. No need to check if it works with a GIMP built from source to prove that.

The AppImage now has the correct libraries!

2 Likes

I can’t find an appimage on gimp.org. Is it an official one?

You can get it here: Releases · aferrero2707/gimp-appimage · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks, but which one is it ?
I’ve tried the 2.10.6 release but the issue is still there. I also tried 2.10.7 but it doesn’t open.