Colour assessment

I like this (Control-B to get a grey, then white, border around the photo). But how to zoom in correctly? I can use the scroll-wheel and it zoom in out but whether it zooms the white border and the picture within it seems impossible to control, and once it’s zoomed in it doesn’t reduce in size to to a smaller size. You have a little more control with control-scroll wheel but it’s still confusing. With or without control at some point it’ll just zoom the photo within the frame but with no indication (scrollbars etc) that it’s done this. It might be useful to either alter this to make it a little less confusing, and even if this behaviour is desirable it might be convenient to have an option to maximise the screen used to show the photo with the borders?

Well, there is the preview in the left side-bar that shows the actually displayed part of the image as a lighter rectangle.

Scroll bars would actually defeat the purpose of the colour assesment mode, as it needs the flat borders.
Afaik, darkroom mode doesn’t have scroll bars when zoomed in, either. So adding them in colour assesment mode would actually make the interface less consistent.

Zooming in and out with the scroll wheel works for me as I expect it to work. And I haven’t yet seen the image zoom in (or out) without an action on my part.

Scroll-bars was just a suggestion as an indicator that you’re not seeing the whole image in colour assessment mode but have zoomed in. Some other indicator would be fine, or just not letting me zoom into the image; always show the whole of the image and just scale the whole image in step with the white border.

I’m not sure what you mean by “without an action on my part” - I’m not saying it zooms in by itself. Re-reading my text perhaps I could have been clearer when I put “With or without control” - I just meant that the zoom behaviour in colour assessment mode is a little different with and without the control key being pressed as you use the scroll-wheel; however both show the same problem.

you can enable scrollbars also in darkroom via preferences setting

1 Like

Ok, after a restart that shows the scrollbars, thanks.

I still think it would be good if control-b maybe cycled through a few states including maximizing the size of the image with the grey/white borders.