Combining multiple sequences in SiriL

Hello everybody,
I kindly ask a question I cannot answer. I image deep sky in short exposures. I have about 5000 x 1 sec fit files from a night with a certain gain value. I recognize that gain value is not the best. During an other night I acquired other 7000 x 1 sec fit files with an other gain value. Same subject, everything is the same except of the gain value. So I would like to pre-process my fits with the relative darks with different gain value, than I would like to combine all the 12.000 fits calibrated to register them, select the single subs and then stack. I tried to not create a sequence but I have toot many fits so it is necessary to have a sequence to register all the fits together. Is there a way to do that?
Thank you.
Filippo

You have 12000 FITS images to process? You’re lucky if your operating system allows you to do that, you should consider capturing as SER or converting them to FITSEQ in siril, a single file FITS sequence.

Anyway, processing the two sequences together will probably not give good results. I’d suggest processing them independently and merging them in GIMP then.

You can combine images from multiple sequences as follow:
Under the Conversion tab add all pp fits you want to put into your final sequence
Choose a name for that sequence.
Make sure to select “Symbolic Link” before you click on Convert, so you dont need to copy the PP fits.
Now load that sequence (it should do that automatically) and register and stack like usual.
if you uses different exposures, make sure to use a normalization method under stacking tab

1 Like

Thank you very much! I am sorry I recognized you answered after so many days. I will tryvery soon.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. It was to save a work I have already done. Sorry I answer after so many days.